• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New RM 001!

Tempo

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/13
Looks impressive. And it has real tourbillion. Hard to say but I think the crystal could be better.

Last edited:

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
jbf is the factory that has developed blancpain and roger dubuis tourbillon (double fly tourbillon), and I heard that they are trying to replicate a 3axis tourbillon lol

Eseips

5/4/16
jbf is the factory that has developed blancpain and roger dubuis tourbillon (double fly tourbillon), and I heard that they are trying to replicate a 3axis tourbillon lol

I honestly can´t believe that... i mean for real?

Tempo

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/13
Chazingtime has the Roger Dubuis Hommage with double flying tourby. But it's very expensive for a rep. lol

Reactions: Venomslayerflash

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Personally I know it’s not perfect, but at last it is a rep of one of the early RMs, these are the true RM masterpieces!! And it’s a tourbillon which is what RM is all about!

If dimensions are as per the TD website then this could be the perfect RM rep for me!

I’m excited!!

DC

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
I’m by no means an RM expert but I kind of like what I see. The open caseback and I guess the thickness are a tell, but the face of it is not bad :)

Reactions: Kip Dex

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Chazingtime has the Roger Dubuis Hommage with double flying tourby. But it's very expensive for a rep. lol

It’s very expensive for a rep especially as it’s a fantasy model. There is a gen Roger Dubuis double tourbillon but it doesn’t look anything like the monstrosity the ChazingTime are offering!

Who’s going to pay $5,000 for a fantasy rep?!?

DC

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
First I thought: WOW - a tourbillon RM.

Then i was a bit disappointed that they did not use one of the so many sea gull tourbillons with those small oscillating weights like the gen and polish the horrible blue screws.

But all in all - yeah it is expensive - i think it is a great step forward in the Rep-RM-game beside all the plastic and fake deco bridges...

maybe we see more of the tourbillon stuff in RMs soon as I am really annoyed by the fugly fake plastic tourbillons :D

EDIT: or are there actually some oscillating weights and i am not abled to see them because of the tourbillon moving?

Tempo

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/13
It’s very expensive for a rep especially as it’s a fantasy model. There is a gen Roger Dubuis double tourbillon but it doesn’t look anything like the monstrosity the ChazingTime are offering!

Who’s going to pay $5,000 for a fantasy rep?!?

DC

Fantasy model? I think jbf factory repped this one. Here is gen. I know,...rep has many flaws.

Tkz2igh.jpg

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Ok i have checked the other RM001 listed on inTime and there it stands still - oscillating weights are there. My bad.

Now the screws must be polished haha :D

would love a video of the watch to see all the details of the dial...

Nice first attempt IMHO - so forget about my previous post haha

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17
I guess I'm in the minority.
Don't know the exact specs between. Gen to rep.
I think this looks great. Not a RM fan... I would buy this, but after some research.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Fantasy model? I think jbf factory repped this one. Here is gen. I know,...rep has many flaws.

Tkz2igh.jpg

My apologies, I had never seen this Roger Dubuis. Have seen their double tourbillon which is nicely skeletonised with sporty looking case and thought that was what gave the rep factories the idea.

I have learned something today! Actually two things, I’ve learned this is not a fantasy model AND I’ve learned that Roger Dubuis watches are horrendous, haha!

DC

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Pretty hard to deny this is a decent attempt...

F552_A7_E7-2_DC9-4974-9897-_AEC9_B94017_B8.jpg

And before we all go picking holes, I’m talking relative to the quality of most RM reps, so no it’s not perfect, but everything is in the right place, looks the part, and best of all WORKING TOURBILLON NOT PLASTIC FAUX TOURBILLON!

I’m getting very close to pulling the trigger already, having to restrain myself!

DC

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12

And before we all go picking holes, I’m talking relative to the quality of most RM reps, so no it’s not perfect, but everything is in the right place, looks the part, and best of all WORKING TOURBILLON NOT PLASTIC FAUX TOURBILLON!

I’m getting very close to pulling the trigger already, having to restrain myself!

DC

and only probably 0.1% of the world's population knows what the gen looks like in detail. This helps lol

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

DC

Would you rate this rep as higher quality than the RM 11 from KVF? I don't know why but I'm not feeling this rep..

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18

DC

This is the best RM tourbillon rep that factory can get, jbf is one of the factories (if not the best) that is able to product high end tourbillon rep as they have invested a large amount of money to modify tourbillon mechanics. Factories don't normally place a real tourbillon on the rm rep as there are many limitations (requires them to make the case thicker) and even if they put it, the tourbillon is often a tell.

So they often sell the rep without a tourbillon at a lower price (so more people can buy it), then placing a tourbillon and mark up the price, since they get the similar profit margin with / without a tourbillon.

For this rep, they have spent at least two year to develop and the top power reserve indicator actually works (but not the wheel as always)

u_2557011477_1379184276_fm_173_app_25_f_JPEG.jpg

u_3002506779_206775278_fm_173_app_25_f_JPEG.jpg

u_2215050172_2475167880_fm_173_app_25_f_JPEG.jpg

Reactions: phdsjain

Tempo

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/13
Nice, but I don't like the strap. It needs leather strap like the gen.
I wonder if the power indicator and the torque indicator is working?

Last edited:

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Would you rate this rep as higher quality than the RM 11 from KVF? I don't know why but I'm not feeling this rep..

I’d have to buy it first, which I intend to do just as soon as I can make funds available!

This just became the grail RM rep (for me)

DC