• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

****Which Richard Mille are you wearing today?****

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Hi,

I removed the bezel mainly because I didn’t want to polish up the bezel screws. I did tape off the glass, however the 3M Scortch brite pad that I used was not aggressive and they don’t scratch the crystal anyway. This is one of the benefits of using these, it takes a while to achieve the effect so you can’t really overdo things unless you go really mad. I have had this pad quite a while, I wish I could remember where I got it. It’s reddish in colour.

Reactions: Mister Pink

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
OK guys, here is the re-brushing on the RM011 03, it was really difficult to photograph as I only have my phone (camera at work)! First things first - the tree:

IMG_0812.jpg

Rebrush4.jpg

Rebrush3.jpg

Rebrush2.jpg

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Thanks RC. It stops a few people in their tracks, but no one really knows what it is or what the price of a real one is!

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Thanks RC. It stops a few people in their tracks, but no one really knows what it is or what the price of a real one is!

great.
I got actually some stranger on the street commenting on my RM011 “nice Richard Mille”.

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Hi, it was done by hand with a Scotch 3M pad. I got this online. You have to be really careful and only go with the grain. I personally found it easier to achieve by removing the bezel first. This does obviously carry a few risks like don’t overtighten the bezel screws when replacing. Some examples of the pads below - always try on an old watch first before getting stuck in to your RM!

i used the red coloured pads, you will probably have to re-polish the bevelled edges carefully afterwards - I used a cocktail stick with a duster wrapped round it and Brasso too. You will not need to remove the crystal from the bezel as these pads will not damage this.

https://www.toolstation.com/contour-...SABEgKTP_D_BwE

https://www.screwfix.com/p/rothenber...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited:
Reactions: Mister Pink

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
aquamac and what about the Amps and Pre-amps and Speakers?? :) :)

stanevo6, Haha, a man needs to have hobbies! It gets you through the work day. Have been collecting Hifi since the age of 16 when I got a job in a Hifi shop after school. They used to pay me in Hifi components instead of money! All irems you see are Krell and all bought over the bay (some from the US). Speakers are B&W - turntable (out of shot I designed myself). So it’s watches and Hifi and trying to keep my wife onside!!!

How about you?

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
stanevo6, Haha, a man needs to have hobbies! It gets you through the work day. Have been collecting Hifi since the age of 16 when I got a job in a Hifi shop after school. They used to pay me in Hifi components instead of money! All irems you see are Krell and all bought over the bay (some from the US). Speakers are B&W - turntable (out of shot I designed myself). So it’s watches and Hifi and trying to keep my wife onside!!!

How about you?

Absolutely stunning. Me too, started when I was 18 years of age. I know Krell very well, high end amps. I have a Primare 5 ch end Amp and a Classé Pre Amp. All my five speakers are from the Avalon factory. The sub is from Rell. Enjoy the hobby my friend :):D

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
THXuk, Thanks mate, love them both, can’t ever see be being able to afford a real RM, absolutely love their watches though, I hope the factories wil be able to get them a bit closer to gen at some point.

stanevo6, Love both Primare and Classe, looked at Classe myself at one point but as I had started down the Krell route I felt I had to stick with it. Always taken by Classe, Nelson Pass, Simaudio Moon and Mark Levington amps. A mate of mine has a Simaudio Moon Pre/2 x Monobloc Power combo and it sounds great and runs cool. My amps are class A and the lights dim in the house when I switch them on and since we had a smart meter fitted, the light on the meter turns amber when running - to think, I used to leave them powered up all the time until I got the leccy bill from hell :)

Great that you guys are into your Hifi too. Below is the turntable with 12” SME arm.

Turntable.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: THXuk

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Are you from the Uk? If I remember correctly, they are based in Steyning, West Sussex, which is only about 40 miles from where I live, would love to see round their factory though!

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
aquamac Amazing Audio collection and a amazing turntable. The good old days. Do you remember This one? :)

I' ve made a separate group in the closet where the power comes into the house. And I installed this Fuse. it prevents popping out like the standardfuse does when turning on the amps. A special thick cable goes to the audio system, earth only connected at the closet side. all these things did a great improvement of the sound. Absolutely no hump in the speakers what so ever.

and it is a small investment overall hahahaha.

Yep waiting too on the "perfect" rep RM. But that is the hobby, waiting LOL

have a great evening all. Best wishes for 2019. Cheers Stan

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Hi Stan, Yup I remember that puppy, nice classy amp, love vintage Hifi, there is quite often a vintage Hifi fair about 25 miles from where I live, I think the next one is February and I will try to get there. Nice job with the separate mains supply, I really should do this considering the money I spent on cables over the years and the fact that as far as upgrades go it’s a no brainier.

I think whoever ever comes up with a RM011 that is close in size to the gen will really do some serious business - I keep my eye on the waiting thread from Angus, but it seems to have gone cold again.

I hope you you have a great evening and wish you a very happy new year. Regards, Steve.

Reactions: stanevo6