• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New RM21-01 looks WOW!

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone
News on this piece?..

no one handled it yet??

I d like to buy one…but i must wait for CNY …damn…..:(

TessFR

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/11/20

Hello,
I already received it a while ago and I hadn't had time to share my problem, during the QC there was nothing.

however once received the watch does not work and there is something stuck in the tourbillon.

my seller can't do anything except send the watch back, do you think that if I order screwdrivers, if I remove this intruder in the tourbillon the watch will work?

do you know where this intruder is from?

the watch winds up, but does not turn, if I shake it, the tourbillon turns and stops, the hands turn in particular via the hour change stem, but the watch does not work.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Hello,
I already received it a while ago and I hadn't had time to share my problem, during the QC there was nothing.

however once received the watch does not work and there is something stuck in the tourbillon.

my seller can't do anything except send the watch back, do you think that if I order screwdrivers, if I remove this intruder in the tourbillon the watch will work?

do you know where this intruder is from?

the watch winds up, but does not turn, if I shake it, the tourbillon turns and stops, the hands turn in particular via the hour change stem, but the watch does not work.

Hard to say what is it, being a Tourbillon where the movement is a complication, I would incline to send the watch back rather than attempting to open up the watch yourself. Even if you can remove the part, you might also need to wonder which part of the watch is missing this part where it might compromise its reliability in the long run.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

TessFR

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/11/20
Hard to say what is it, being a Tourbillon where the movement is a complication, I would incline to send the watch back rather than attempting to open up the watch yourself. Even if you can remove the part, you might also need to wonder which part of the watch is missing this part where it might compromise its reliability in the long run.

returning a watch to china is a lot of risk

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
returning a watch to china is a lot of risk
My friend had done it before. Or you negotiate with the TD to see if they can contribute to the watchsmith costs. Bare in mind it might be trickier to find a watchsmith who can service a rep and a Tourbillon in your country/area, the others might know one.

I'm a 12 yrs customer with Trusty Time given them over $15k of business they gave me $30 for a Noob daytona which was dead after 2 days and I was out of pocket with £180 of service fees

TessFR

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/11/20
jw7UfL.jpg

after observations I have just seen that one of the deco screws has come off, it must have been holding this object, but no trace of screws in the watch, I am waiting to receive the screwdrivers, do you think that removing the object from the tourbillon Will the watch work again?

Last edited:

NickNickNickk

4/6/21
I was one inch from buying this, since it didnt have The purple ar coated glass. I skipped this.

anyone have a source for front glass/sapphire with AR?

mrkt

Known Member
10/10/16
RzPncgz
Just ordered this. One of the best RM Reps albeit there will always be flaws. But most important the strap screws are in the right place. Tourbillon on all is wonky cause not centered.

VR000M5

Horology Curious
26/2/17
any verdicts? did anyone else pick up this watch? looking to buy it. it looks pretty good. can anyone confirm if the power reserve and torque functions work?

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
any verdicts? did anyone else pick up this watch? looking to buy it. it looks pretty good. can anyone confirm if the power reserve and torque functions work?

If it's like the movement in the RM001 then only the power reserve is functional. The torque indicator just mirrors the power reserve.

Reactions: VR000M5

VR000M5

Horology Curious
26/2/17
If it's like the movement in the RM001 then only the power reserve is functional. The torque indicator just mirrors the power reserve.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know what movement is used? I keep getting different answers. One seller says it’s a shenyang tourbillon and another says seagull. Never heard of the Shen Yang tourbillon before.

did the guys who bought this watch know which brand tourbillon was in theirs?

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
Thanks for the reply. Do you know what movement is used? I keep getting different answers. One seller says it’s a shenyang tourbillon and another says seagull. Never heard of the Shen Yang tourbillon before.

did the guys who bought this watch know which brand tourbillon was in theirs?

From what I remember it uses a Seagull movement but I could be wrong.

VR000M5

Horology Curious
26/2/17
From what I remember it uses a Seagull movement but I could be wrong.

thanks for the reply. hrmm.. ill email pure time for an answer. Online sites quote a Swiss movement tourbillon... then some other dealers quote a seagull or a shenyang.. Seagull being more pricey. wish they had better details. Pure time just lists asian tourbillon movement lol. i emailed them over weekend.. and got a generic answer that they have to check with factory