• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EU July 2021 ending €22 import VAT exemption

c.dimitri

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/19
What I would be interested in and what I can't see in the photo: Has a CN22 customs declaration form been attached to the outside? Since 1.7. does my TD no longer do that, does it only work digitally? :)

Yes, it had something like that.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Well till this day i imported 40 reps, no one got caught.
so i dont know....usually, listening to laws, a rep should be stamped in / destroyed and the customs give information to the Manufactureurs so they could get some money from you. But, they havent got a chance.

friens of mine on the other aise had to py 100.- fee for destroying watch.

lot better then drivig 10
miles to fast:)

Flyzone

Known Member
13/5/21
Italia
The wasn’t declared lower than the real price. I just pressed the „buy“ button and paid the price for the movement, the shipping and the VAT.

Regarding lower price than 20$ etc.... it’s up to you.

thank you very much. in what sense does it depend on me? my sense was this: if I have already paid the VAT on the real value why does the seller want to declare a low value like 10 USD? if it is not indicated on the package ok otherwise it is already suspect considering that I would pay more VAT than goods. declare low value for less in the eye perhaps? I don't know

c.dimitri

24/11/19
thank you very much. in what sense does it depend on me? my sense was this: if I have already paid the VAT on the real value why does the seller want to declare a low value like 10 USD? if it is not indicated on the package ok otherwise it is already suspect considering that I would pay more VAT than goods. declare low value for less in the eye perhaps? I don't know

Sorry, if I got you wrong.

Flyzone

Known Member
13/5/21
Italia
Sorry, if I got you wrong.

What? is it a problem for replicas because sellers always declare low values? it makes sense if you have to pay VAT and customs duties but if you pay them first at the time of payment I think it is more logical to declare the real value or at least 50/60 USD not 10/20. It's only a question for an order that i want to do

kapitnono

Horology Curious
26/5/21
Today I received my watch from Sead. I live in the EU, and the watch was shipped from china, and i dont need to pay any VAT, and the customs dont ask any invoice from me, and my package wasnt opened by customs. The package was hipped to me from China through Luxemburg, and i dont know if i am lucky, or just the new system still dont perfect, but i happy for my new watch!!

Aramis2288

Supporter
Certified
27/3/17
Today I received my watch from Sead. I live in the EU, and the watch was shipped from china, and i dont need to pay any VAT, and the customs dont ask any invoice from me, and my package wasnt opened by customs. The package was hipped to me from China through Luxemburg, and i dont know if i am lucky, or just the new system still dont perfect, but i happy for my new watch!!

Great news mate! 2 questions here - (1) Was the package sent after July the 1st? and (2) Did your TD had to attach any additional paperwork, or was it just a completely standard shipment?

kapitnono

Horology Curious
26/5/21
Great news mate! 2 questions here - (1) Was the package sent after July the 1st? and (2) Did your TD had to attach any additional paperwork, or was it just a completely standard shipment?

The package was sent before July 1st, and it was just a standard shipment.

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Bought a Omega buckle from a seller
In HK China on Etsy, payed €5.58 21% vat in advance

1090a1fd79a62fce61f64bf1af81b751.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Update: package arrived after 2 weeks

Content: SS omega buckle
Pre paid 21% VAT

No indication on package for that (that I can see)
Package made a strange d-tour: arriving in NL, forwarded to Luxembourg and then back again

a2c8a255f42c201a84deb3205b5ce5a5.jpg

thenut

Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany
Received my parcel Yesterday. Shipped July 6th , via UK, no additional Fees for Service, customs, ... Had a CN22 Sticker , 8 $ value

Reactions: Haltec

Max Cady

Aquaracer
27/8/20
Hofbräuhausen
Received my parcel today, shipped 8th July, no additonal fees for service or customs, no CN22 sticker or otherwise declaration of value/content (but DHL partly relabeled it, so maybe underneath).

Reactions: JayBee0815

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
mine shipped 4px to eu 7/7
received 23/7

tracking number had DE at end, shipped through 4px, no customs nothing, did not say it came from CN.

Max23

9/3/20
mine shipped 4px to eu 7/7
received 23/7

tracking number had DE at end, shipped through 4px, no customs nothing, did not say it came from CN.

Hey mate, just out of curiosity, where are you based? I’m still waiting mine that has been shipped with 4px on 3/7 and tracking (with DE final letters) is stuck at 15/7 … really hope didn’t got inspected …

Sent from the RWI App

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
Hey mate, just out of curiosity, where are you based? I’m still waiting mine that has been shipped with 4px on 3/7 and tracking (with DE final letters) is stuck at 15/7 … really hope didn’t got inspected …

Sent from the RWI App

ehi friend,

if you can console mine with 4px that left China on June 21st and stopped at MILR customs from July 7th ... and no more news

Max23

9/3/20
ehi friend,

if you can console mine with 4px that left China on June 21st and stopped at MILR customs from July 7th ... and no more news

This is concerning. Is there anyone in the group who got his 4PX shipment inspected (and eventually confiscated) at Customs even though the VAT was already pre-paid? Just trying to assess the issue here. I mean, if it’s just a Customs delay or we need to start being worried that we won’t receive our parcels.

Sent from the RWI App

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
This is concerning. Is there anyone in the group who got his 4PX shipment inspected (and eventually confiscated) at Customs even though the VAT was already pre-paid? Just trying to assess the issue here. I mean, if it’s just a Customs delay or we need to start being worried that we won’t receive our parcels.

4PX sent 10. July
seized 21.July

But did not pay before.
Watches destroyed, Rolex Lawyers informed.