• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Collected list of current factory statuses

cookie500

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/11/09
It feels like it’s now too long for a VSF return. Who knows what the future holds - some great reps from somewhere though I’m sure.

Kongor

12/8/15
Just heard from Hont that V7F is probably afraid to go back to work, has anyone heard similar?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Green Maker is listed as closed but I was informed by PureTime that the model (126610 LN) I'm interested in is available. Probably old stock. I ordered it and now awaiting QC pictures.

Tribefan

15/11/19
Usually factories don't announce closures, they happen and you notice after.
Not discarding a panic-buying, price-rising strategy.
Or a name change manoeuver.
Or both.

I think in this case they let some dealers know so they could move remaining inventory.

Nirado

18/7/18
Balkans
I really wanted a Noob Daytona because of the movement, and who even invented those police raids damnit.

John Abel

Known Member
15/5/20
UK
I think in this case they let some dealers know so they could move remaining inventory

Don't think it's the case. If a brand were to shut down, potential customers would rush to get the last and only pieces and prices might skyrocket. But we are talking about counterfeits and counterfeiters. People who you actually don't know. Today they may be "XYF" for you and tomorrow "UWF" and you think they are the new kids in town. My common sense tells me you can trust some gray source as long as they are tied to keep their reputation, but not when they don't give a flick anymore. In that case, expect customers to trust a closing factory less and prices drop. Obviously they won't announce that and that is what we have seen. Rumours, just rumours of closing and promises of coming back. All nice words to keep hope (and orders and prices) up. It is highly appreciated by all of us, watch lovers, the efforts they have made and make in the very difficult conditions they are, but we also need to be aware they aren't angels and help themselves first.

Tribefan

15/11/19
Don't think it's the case. If a brand were to shut down, potential customers would rush to get the last and only pieces and prices might skyrocket. But we are talking about counterfeits and counterfeiters. People who you actually don't know. Today they may be "XYF" for you and tomorrow "UWF" and you think they are the new kids in town. My common sense tells me you can trust some gray source as long as they are tied to keep their reputation, but not when they don't give a flick anymore. In that case, expect customers to trust a closing factory less and prices drop. Obviously they won't announce that and that is what we have seen. Rumours, just rumours of closing and promises of coming back. All nice words to keep hope (and orders and prices) up. It is highly appreciated by all of us, watch lovers, the efforts they have made and make in the very difficult conditions they are, but we also need to be aware they aren't angels and help themselves first.

No offense, but you can listen to your common sense all you want. I'm telling you what a well respected dealer who has been in this business for many, many years told me, before it happened.

tom86

Divers only
Supporter
Certified
28/7/19
EU, UAE
What was the longest "Parcel information received" status you had recently?

I am at 35 days now with "watch is still in the HK warehouse waiting for shipment" response from PT. Wasn't expecting express delivery due to customs, Covid delays and Christmas shipping rush, yet would like to hear about your experience.

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
What was the longest "Parcel information received" status you had recently?

I am at 35 days now with "watch is still in the HK warehouse waiting for shipment" response from PT. Wasn't expecting express delivery due to customs, Covid delays and Christmas shipping rush, yet would like to hear about your experience.

The trackers get severely lagged in my experience… I’ll go days with it saying it’s in China and then one day I’ll refresh and it will have all these touch points listed but says out for delivery. So the tracking services just kind of suck right now with all the global supply chain log jam.
That’s said… current average wait time for ME is 21 days vs 8 days before supply chain debacle. I’m sure holiday makes it even more mad. I’m in Cali for reference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hiwhatsup

24/8/21
USA
I've had that happen. Not just from TD's but anything from China. I had one package that I had written off as lost showing up 3 months after it shipped.

Just recently I had to 2 watches that shipped from PT shipped one day apart in mid November. The first one got here 3 weeks ago. The second one just got here yesterday. Both watches using the same delivery method, packaging, and travel route ( both packages hit the same distribution centers along the way ). However, one got here 3 weeks before the other one. So go figure.

Beefcake

1/7/21
Any news on VSF? Seems like way too many people are buying them for it to still be closed.

Reactions: rrr83

hiwhatsup

24/8/21
USA
Any news on VSF? Seems like way too many people are buying them for it to still be closed.

Agreed, I’ve asked the 2 TD’s they insist it is still closed with limited quantity. However, the amount of new VSF models suddenly available doesn’t support this. I feel like we are told one thing when the truth is another just to keep VSF prices artificially high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Doc.77