• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
Not everything in life comes back better and that's the reason some watches become collectibles. The questions raised by noobies are understandable considering all the hustles surrounding VSF and Noob 4130.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Not everything in life comes back better and that's the reason some watches become collectibles. The questions raised by noobies are understandable considering all the hustles surrounding VSF and Noob 4130.
What “hustles”? I’ve seen a couple of members here offering to pay over market price, and they immediately got knocked back for encouraging profiteering.

We’re not talking about TC here.

This level of anxiety being whipped up over this temporary glitch in mainstream rep factory output is completely ridiculous. The manufacturers of the parts that the “factories” (more accurately: “assembly rooms”) use won’t have been affected by the raids, which is why there’s no reason to question whether the quality will be changed.

museguy

19/10/12
We’re not talking about TC here.
This level of anxiety being whipped up over this temporary glitch in mainstream rep factory output is completely ridiculous. The manufacturers of the parts that the “factories” (more accurately: “assembly rooms”) use won’t have been affected by the raids, which is why there’s no reason to question whether the quality will be changed.

Dear p0pperini

Thank you !

Cheers

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
p0pperini mate, I'm not debating that other brands won't come out as good or fingers crossed, even better than VSF.. hustles may not the right word but the newcomers to this game would be understandably anxious. You're right that the irresponsible selling by some members here trying to make a quick buck or two is making things worse.
Will Noob and VSF come back? Likely, maybe just wearing new hats.
Speaking of crazy, I'm shaking my head with that con job that scumbag is trying to pull with multiple payments on a 1675 gmt yodog sale

Reactions: Fergulator72

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
hustles may not the right word but the newcomers to this game would be understandably anxious.

All I'm suggesting is that everyone maintains the calm and patience that's an inherent requirement when buying rep watches. Sometimes there are raids, and it can lead to a temporary glitch in the supply flow. But that's all it'll be - a temporary glitch. People are talking like it might be the end of the industry or at least its main players. That's ridiculous.

Speaking of crazy, I'm shaking my head with that con job that scumbag is trying to pull with multiple payments on a 1675 gmt yodog sale
Yeah, it's rare on RWI thanks to the stellar work by the mods, but sadly it'll still happen once in a while due to the less pleasant side of human nature.

charly 883R

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/20
This week I order an VSF sub from jtime, after i hear here that they had some stock, and now I'm waiting for the QC pictures.
But Now I am concerned about the new regulations in European customs, not sure at all if the watch will pass customs and if they will ask for taxes and customs fees.
Has anyone had any experience in this regard

charly 883R

5/5/20
I also bought for spain, but from july 1st customs change in europe, you have to pay taxes, customs fees...not sure, I spect to have an invoice for less amount for customs from Jtime.

We will see

Fergulator72

I'm Pretty Popular
4/5/21
I also bought for spain, but from july 1st customs change in europe, you have to pay taxes, customs fees...not sure, I spect to have an invoice for less amount for customs from Jtime.

We will see
You should be fine,TDs usually price it low so it doesn't attract any attention from customs.
I'm in Australia and we have GST and customs fees and I've never had to pay either with reps

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

mdawgy

28/8/17
I've had more experience buying sneaker and luxury clothing reps. I usually ask my shipping agent to label the package as a gift from family. I don't know if that helps customs or not, but it worked for me. However, US is more lax with customs restrictions.

mercurio007

with the introduction of the new European legislation are no longer accepted generic descriptions such as gifts, family, samples etc..., the package would be stopped and checked at 100x100
the description must indicate the product contained in the package, in our case "watch, man watch",
Of course to avoid the words "replica, rolex, omega etc...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jt252 and pcghill

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
with the introduction of the new European legislation are no longer accepted generic descriptions such as gifts, family, samples etc..., the package would be stopped and checked at 100x100
the description must indicate the product contained in the package, in our case "watch, man watch",
Of course to avoid the words "replica, rolex, omega etc...
There is no way to check all the incoming packages. Unless they’ve suddenly hired 20x more people. Just pay the 15€ on top.

Reactions: mega12

mercurio007

There is no way to check all the incoming packages. Unless they’ve suddenly hired 20x more people. Just pay the 15€ on top.

15 € based on? to pay they have to stop the package, they will ask you what is in the package and its price, they no longer need people to do this, your package instead of arriving in 15 days will arrive in two months, he doesn’t care about anything

Last edited:

Hiroxima

Horology Curious
25/12/19
EU
Imagine the logistics needed to pull that off, the amount of incoming shipments pilling up. Would be a nightmare.

mercurio007

here is very clear

[h=2]Is IOSS the fastest delivery method for the EU?[/h]
If you choose to not opt for the IOSS scheme, distance sellers and e-tailers can still collect VAT at the point of sale (DDP), which will still offer relatively quick delivery times.

However, if you choose to ship with the delivery duty unpaid (DDU), the goods will be shipped with outstanding VAT which can further delay the delivery process and mean the customer incurs other hidden fees.

The introduction of the Import-One-Stop-Shop is designed to offer the most streamlined customs processing option and will likely be the go-to option for businesses due to the benefits it provides. This is because all EU imports must now have their IOSS identification number included in the shipment, which will make customs clearance faster as authorities will be able to instantly recognize that the VAT has been paid and declared.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
15 € based on? to pay they have to stop the package, they will ask you what is in the package and its price, they no longer need people to do this, your package instead of arriving in 15 days will arrive in two months, he doesn’t care about anything

Not necessary. If the carrier (4px for expample) is connected to the system, he will pay the VAT automaticly for you. The sense of the whole system is to shift the VAT-Payment from the consumer to the seller.

Last edited:

mercurio007

Not necessary. If the carrier (4px for expample) is connected to the system, he will pay the VAT automaticly for you. The sense of the whole System, is to shift the VAT-Payment from the consumer to the seller.

exactly, but it must be the seller who must ship according to the new regulations, the problem arises if he does not
also,the problem is that, according to my information, 4PX has suspended transport to and from EU for system updates, at this moment there is no information when they will start again

Last edited:
Reactions: JayBee0815