• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch arrived today from JTimestore.com

Mr V

Horology Curious
25/3/21
Hi everyone. I, like many others, made the mistake of ordering from Jtime store.com rather than the TD Jtime.cc. Having read the negative reviews I didn’t expect to receive a watch at all. Well my Rolex Yachtmaster arrived today and it seems ok. The strap is poor though and doesn’t have the Oyster flex sliding adjustment so I had to work around this and now it fits ok. The bezel has a lot of play but I expected that. Going to check timekeeping accuracy over the next few days as I wasn’t sent any QC pictures. Because I was convinced that I wasn’t going to receive anything, I ordered a similar watch from Jtime.cc so the comparison will be interesting. I will keep you posted. The guys communication was poor so I wouldn’t use them again. Like the moderators say, stick to TD.

Reactions: drummerkid1990

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
The guys communication was poor so I wouldn’t use them again.
Who are you referring to here? Jtime store.com or jtime.cc? I'm assuming the former. But because of the way you've structured the post, it could also be that you mean the latter. So it would be worth you clarifying, for the avoidance of doubt.

If it was the former, then surely there are more important reasons than poor communication that would persuade you not to use the scam website again.

But if you did mean the latter, then you may be in for a hard time finding a TD who communicates better than Li.

Also...

:ttiwwop:

Mr V

Horology Curious
25/3/21

Apologies, yes, you are correct in assuming that it was the Jtime store.com seller that had poor communication. As you say Li is brilliant. Photos attached. Notice clasp doesn’t have the sliding adjustment. I had to pop out the pin and cut the strap and refit. My post only shows the click pix url,s. How do I get my phone photos in my post. I used the icon top right and browsed to my photos and uploaded but why only getting url? Sorry newbie here.

Mr V

Horology Curious
25/3/21
Forget the bit about url,s. I see now that the photos are showing as soon as I post. Sorry. Anyway the watch has already gained 7 seconds in just 4 hours which looks like around 30 seconds per day. This is the same as I get from my cheap £80 omega seamaster rep so it looks like he has sent me a cheap inferior rep. Oh well we live and learn.

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
Patron
25/2/21
How did you end up ordering on the imposters' website? Did you google 'jtime' or something?

Last edited:

Mr V

Horology Curious
25/3/21
Yes. I googled Jtime and it comes up as the first result. The guy claims to be “the store for the European customers” which is BS as Jtime.cc don’t have a European store. He avoids answering specific questions especially about his identity and his comments earlier on this forum. He is not a TD for a good reason..... he is not transparent. Yes I’ve got a watch but without taking the back off and inspecting the movement, I can’t be sure what I’ve got.

Mr V

Horology Curious
25/3/21
It was $400 or there abouts. Learned my lesson. Taken my medicine. Seriously though, as they are all replicas, without removing the case back, how can you tell the quality because from outside they all look good unless you’ve got a magnifying glass and a gen next to it? This watch is now spot on time accuracy wise (which it wasn’t earlier) and I know the strap is crap but the winder is smooth, so HOW do I know if this is a £120 replica or a $400 replica? Serious question my friend. This surely comes down to the fact that we assume a TD will provide what they are describing. But how do we actually know?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
It's very obvious when you get used to watches. You'll soon be able to spot the differences, as you will when the decent Rep turns up. You'll look back on this post in a year thinking, 'How the hell could I not tell this was a shitter!!?!'

Literally everything on this watch is horrible. The bezel insert font, the date font, the cyclops, the dial markers, the dial print, the wokky rehaut, the rehaut engraving, the hands, the crystal with day-glow LEC..... everything is wrong. That's probably a $40 rep.

Last edited:
Reactions: majwilliams0308

Mr V

Horology Curious
25/3/21
Thanks so much for the insight mate. As I said I am new to this game and have a lot to learn but your post is respectful. I will take it all on board and thank you for your help.

Reactions: GingerBubba

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
It's very obvious when you get used to watches. You'll soon be able to spot the differences, as you will when the decent Rep turns up. You'll look back on this post in a year thinking, 'How the hell could I not tell this was a shitter!!?!'

Literally everything on this watch is horrible. The bezel insert font, the date font, the cyclops, the dial markers, the dial print, the wokky rehaut, the rehaut engraving, the hands, the crystal with day-glow LEC..... everything is wrong. That's probably a $40 rep.

This is a very respectful and genuine response. It's quite hard to pick out flaws when this is all new, but as you learn and grow in your power, so does your disdain for shitters.

Mr V

Horology Curious
25/3/21
Guys. Thanks very much for your insight. I just want to contribute and honestly try to make a difference on this forum. I’ll be the first to admit that I f**ked up with my first purchase but it is a minefield in this game of replicas, because basically at this point I really can’t tell the difference between a crappy replica and a good one. Us newbies really do need you more experienced guys to avoid making loads of mistakes. Thanks to you guys I’m doing a lot more research before I buy my second watch. Thanks so much. Hopefully I’ll not waste too much money from now on.

gindiesel

12/10/20
Canada
Just think of it this way: if you buy ten good reps, you've only added $40 to each price tag, lol