Lost Packages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Packages

If an M2M package is lost in the post, who eats the cost? Seller or Buyer?

Originally posted by Nivenj View Post
    If an M2M package is lost in the post, who eats the cost? Seller or Buyer?
    Common sense would say buyer takes the hit, seller fulfilled his duties by shipping the watch. If he used tracked post and the package gets lost anyway, it’s out of the seller’s control.

If he also has to pay, he would be out of money AND the item he shipped.. That’s not fair.
    Last edited by Nikz19; 24-11-20, 10:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikz19 View Post

Common sense would say buyer takes the hit, seller fulfilled his duties by shipping the watch. If he used tracked post and the package gets lost anyway, it’s out of the seller’s control.

If he also has to pay, he would be out of money AND the item he shipped.. That’s not fair.
      He would only be returning the money he was given in the transaction so he would only be out the item he shipped. So in this case is the buyer that looses out as he has lost the money with no item, and seller has the money. So either way, someone is losing out. I dont sent anything without it being insured for the value paid so if it gets lost you can claim back from the postal service.

Comment

He would only be returning the money he was given in the transaction so he would only be out the item he shipped. So in this case is the buyer that looses out as he has lost the money with no item, and seller has the money. So either way, someone is losing out. I dont sent anything without it being insured for the value paid so if it gets lost you can claim back from the postal service.
        The other way around the buyer hadn’t lost anything as he still has his money. Seller just lost his item. I still find it unfair, isn’t it?

Best idea is to prevent such situations. Express couriers and tracked shippings sets the risk close to 0.

Comment

I dont sent anything without it being insured for the value paid so if it gets lost you can claim back from the postal service.
          Most carriers include counterfeit items on their list of prohibited items so making an insurance claim on a rep watch is potentially fraught with difficulties.

Comment

Originally posted by enduser View Post

Most carriers include counterfeit items on their list of prohibited items so making an insurance claim on a rep watch is potentially fraught with difficulties.
            Can be done though.

In a scenario of a lost package a nice way to go about it is like buyer and seller split the loss,

both are without the item and both are not at fault for its loss. Seems a reasonable way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also the seller would be the one to persue any compensation for the loss as they arranged shipping contract.

Sent from my dog n bone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by stufuse; 24-11-20, 12:38.

Comment

Given this reply, it would seem that your original question is rhetorical. So what prompted you to ask?

My own feeling about this is that it's always going to be best for both parties to reach a clear agreement and understanding before the item is shipped.
                My FrankenSub Collection
                My Sub Collection
                My Seamaster Collection
                My 1675 Adventure

Comment

Originally posted by Nikz19 View Post

The other way around the buyer hadn’t lost anything as he still has his money. Seller just lost his item. I still find it unfair, isn’t it?

Best idea is to prevent such situations. Express couriers and tracked shippings sets the risk close to 0.
                  Yes, thats by point..in a lost package, either the seller loses the item, or the buyer loses his money. Is it always the buyers risk?

Comment

The question is about lost packages, not seized packages. I cant imagine anyone would describe the lost item as a counterfeit item. Siezed, then yes, I would agree its the buyers risk in a M2M transaction. But lost items I feel are the responsibility of the seller (they chose the courier, had the opportunity to purchase insurance etc).

Comment

I would agree best way is for seller to include the price of shipping and insure the item for shipping with tracking. No need to mention rep watch. Just say watch but sometimes insurance ask for receipt which can be tricky. This way both is protected of loss of item.

Comment

On exchange platforms, the seller is usually the one out of the money. The seller can only see the money if the item is received. Seller should buy insurance or risk not having it.

Comment

I cant imagine anyone would describe the lost item as a counterfeit item.
                          Maybe not, but then how do you provide evidence of loss, other than to forge a receipt? Buying fake watches is one thing but defrauding an insurance company is another matter altogether.

Comment

Maybe not, but then how do you provide evidence of loss, other than to forge a receipt? Buying fake watches is one thing but defrauding an insurance company is another matter altogether.
                            By providing evidence such as paypal transaction information.

Comment

You would still be defrauding an insurance company I'm afraid - by not telling them that it is a counterfeit item.

Comment

Working...
                              X