• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OK want to start a controversial subject, and I know Im going to get flammed over it..... but

Kandinsky

Renowned Member
2/4/20
I quite like this thread. Let’s remember 5 things:

1) OP started this, not to diss on Rolex, but to tell us he owned more than a 1000 watches and that he’s a big deal. None of your arguments are working towards OP’s motivation for posting.

2) there ARE many people who join to buy a Rolex so that they can go out and flex. The core audience here are probably not representing the majority rep wearers in the real world, to be fair ;)

3) OP knows that the rep world is only for fake people, because OP bought more than 400 rep’s

4) number 4 to make sure you also think I am important. I know a lot about posting, because I’ve posted 4 points already.

5) to be honest, I can’t remember now, but 1) is most important anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kandinsky

Renowned Member
2/4/20
Oh, btw:

No, an homage is not illegal by definition. An homage or any kind of copy, is illegal when there are not enough design differences. In the shoe industry, Zara can copy a Prada shoe with no problems, as long as there are 7 distinct differences. (At least that was the rule 10 years ago, could be different now)

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
I like the rep world a lot more than the gen world.
I could buy a seiko and be done with it. It's great watches and inexpensive. But that is just not me.

I love the thrill of the hunt. Finding gems on m2m, waiting for it to arrive. Finding the flaws, sourcing parts and building something very nice and getting to know awesome people from all over the world in the mean time.

I am glad you like your new watch. It looks stunning but it doesn't do it for me. I want the whole package.
This is it right here :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

semperfi55

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/18
UK
a homage doesn't have a Rolex logo on it and doesn't claim to be real, that's called a fake, also the watch has a Miyota movement in it, I think it might last longer than most reps. the build is as good as most reps. maybe not as good as the super reps, but better than most.

and it cost £30....

I would love to know what Miyota mechanical GMT movement out there costs 30quid. If this Pagani has an independent gmt hand, it would have a DG3804b movement, a bargain just for the movement itself.

But as others have commented multiple times, the finishing on this Pagani is not on par with the reps costing hundreds. To keep on insisting otherwise as fact will only discredit your not insignificant design background.

If you felt this watch is so great for a beginner collector, you should’ve gifted it then, instead of chucking it in the trash.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
Well, that turned into a dumpster fire pretty quick....

my original point and one I will stand by is the Pagani gives you all the looks of a Rolex if that is what you wanted for a tenth of the price, and it isn't a fake

and I pointed out its strange that people argue the reason they buy fake Rolex is that they like the look when there are many homages that ape the look, but I guess a fake is more of a flex, BUT it is a bloody fake however you look at it

simple point.
You Sir, are not here to spark a debate. You are here to seek clearly well deserved validation for your amazing taste and obviously stupendous life choices. Bravo. I will attempt to reach your heights: I applaud you and whish I was you, and absolutely whish I owned such an immaculate homage to top of my life's achievement. This is an inspirational master class in reaching one's perceived potential through aspirational treasures, represented by surely the shiniest trinkets ever witnessed on this or any forum!!!! Thank you, I am truly inspired. I shall continue your legacy from this moment onwards - "Fake it till you make it" shall be my motto!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Blueadrian

Renowned Member
24/7/19
UK
Right. Let’s not let this thread get boring. I’ll buy one. Let’s Franken it bit by bit mas see where it ends. Who wants it first?

Love Rolex, Omega and Tudor.
Based in UK

English Gent

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/7/14
Right. Let’s not let this thread get boring. I’ll buy one. Let’s Franken it bit by bit mas see where it ends. Who wants it first?

Love Rolex, Omega and Tudor.
Based in UK

Why make it a Franken? it's not meant to be a Rolex, its a Homage. no need to change anything... amazing.

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
You Sir, are not here to spark a debate. You are here to seek clearly well deserved validation for your amazing taste and obviously stupendous life choices. Bravo. I will attempt to reach your heights: I applaud you and whish I was you, and absolutely whish I owned such an immaculate homage to top of my life's achievement. This is an inspirational master class in reaching one's perceived potential through aspirational treasures, represented by surely the shiniest trinkets ever witnessed on this or any forum!!!! Thank you, I am truly inspired. I shall continue your legacy from this moment onwards - "Fake it till you make it" shall be my motto!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Work on your sarcasm, maybe in a few years you will get a good job and be able to buy a real watch. good boy...

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Is this one of those pagani, coregut, parnis viral marketing ads I’ve read about in Viral Rep Marketing Weekly?

wow. It works. I just bought 4 from my favorite friendly eBay dealer. They are are easy to work with and answer all your questions. Sweet just like candy!

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
Is this one of those pagani, coregut, parnis viral marketing ads I’ve read about in Viral Rep Marketing Weekly?

wow. It works. I just bought 4 from my favorite friendly eBay dealer. They are are easy to work with and answer all your questions. Sweet just like candy!

Your'll find them on Aliexpress, strangely a more renowned place than any TD, and yeah you can pay any way you want and are covered by same rules as Ebay or Paypal, you could even be sneaky and say the item you received was a fake and get all you money back, so what's your point.

this is not an advert I just did a simple review saying people that wanted a Rolex looking Homage without the embarrassment of paying 10 times more for a fake, and explaining to the MacDonalds customers how hard hes/shes been saving....

just helping.

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
Have you forgotten how to turn cock mode off?

maybe you should read comments towards me for an honest review, and work out who the 'cocks' are

Im just playing back, as is my prerogative..

maybe you should turn off blowhard mode. because you haven't a leg to stand on, not when you're on your knees...

see how it works?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
This thread is headache inducing. As said, many here, myself included, own gens as well as reps. I'm in agreement I'd rather trash or have stolen a $500 watch vs a $5000 watch.

Last edited:

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Certified
24/2/19
94a5ab726b4e8f4784285138435f4615.jpg

Just saw this

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
94a5ab726b4e8f4784285138435f4615.jpg

Just saw this

exactly, I have an issue with the word homage. It’s thrown around to easy. They are all rip offs. Some go a step Further than others

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
So you're saying we shouldn't wear high quality reps, but instead wear shitty low quality homages made by the same factories that make the 21j Rolex reps we see on Canal St. and DHgate?

....you do know that Pagani Design are just that, right? Or did you just want to tell us how many gens and reps you've owned? You obviously have an eye for detail....

I think we found the thumperman "trained eye" member who discovered the detached rehaut :picard:

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
Lol, maybe!!!!

He's definitely a stinkeye.

Zhbn1i.png

LOL, hey, hows your gen collection coming on

saw this video the other day, think it says all I have to say,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IcuR6lzc70

enjoy, especially listen to why people buy fakes

please PM me if you disagree, no need for others to know your fail in life

as for 'stinkeye' insult. love you to see my collection, Ill PM you my watch list since 2014 if you want...

good luck man. you'll need it, may I recommend a Seiko 5, PS my Seiko 5 is better quality than my Rolex REAL date

Last edited: