• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SEIZED BY CUSTOMS

Rickjames111

5/9/17
St Louis, Mo
In the vast majority of seizures, DHL seems to be the carrier. Can it happen with others? Sure. It obviously happens much more frequently with DHL. I would never even consider using DHL just because of all of the stories here about seizures.

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
I use DHL to send and receive all around the world. I think its because the watches are from TDs are all nicely wrapped and new. I send old ratty watches with no packaging and label as return from repair.... flies through

Ex-ki

I'm Pretty Popular
8/9/12
France
In the vast majority of seizures, DHL seems to be the carrier. Can it happen with others? Sure. It obviously happens much more frequently with DHL. I would never even consider using DHL just because of all of the stories here about seizures.

I think it depends on the country. In France we have a vast majority of seizures that come from DHL and almost none with other shipping methods.
The French postal services are very lazy, unlike those of DHL.

Reactions: Glaude

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
What I am trying to figure out is if you tell them US customs allows one counterfeit ever 30 days for personal use. I wonder if that is just travel? If I t had a ZZF sticker could you say that is the counterfeit mark?

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I wonder if that is just travel?

I think it's just travel, but that would need additional legal checks. With travel they assume you are only getting it for your own, with postal service, I suppose they suspect commercial use

Reactions: DaleM