Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch protection film

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Watch protection film

    Has anyone bought this watch protection film? I was wondering how well it holds up with day to day wear.


    https://www.styxwatch.com/shop?page=2

    I also see this video on YouTube about a product called RX8.


    https://youtu.be/6HYgi_Sysqg


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    #2
    They can look scruffy. Very quickly. And end up making your watch look a lot worse than if you never bothered with them.

    If you have a rep with ‘gold’ plating then you may want to use some on the bracelet and clasp. Otherwise accept that watches are to be worn and they are not going to look like new forever.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by muiramas View Post
      They can look scruffy. Very quickly. And end up making your watch look a lot worse than if you never bothered with them.

      If you have a rep with ‘gold’ plating then you may want to use some on the bracelet and clasp. Otherwise accept that watches are to be worn and they are not going to look like new forever.
      The guy in the video at one stage took a wire brush, cork screw and another sharp object and started to try and scratch an expensive watch. Do you think this was just for sales purposes?
      Last edited by Xky; 09-08-20, 16:33.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Xky View Post

        The guy in the video at one stage took a wire brush, cork screw and another sharp object and started to try and scratch an expensive watch. Do you think this was just for sales purposes?
        You can scratch a saphire with all of those things so draw your own conclusions.
        Last edited by muiramas; 09-08-20, 17:24.

        Comment


          #5
          Has anyone bought and applied the Styx watch protection system?


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment


            #6
            At this point, why not just leave the protective film that comes with a new watch when you buy it?

            Totally takes away from the Rolex/Omega "Tool" watch vibe, IMO. This stuff is like not sleeping with your girlfriend, and leaving her unused for the next guy

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by KushBandit View Post
              This stuff is like not sleeping with your girlfriend, and leaving her unused for the next guy
              This made my day

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by KushBandit View Post
                At this point, why not just leave the protective film that comes with a new watch when you buy it?

                Totally takes away from the Rolex/Omega "Tool" watch vibe, IMO. This stuff is like not sleeping with your girlfriend, and leaving her unused for the next guy
                You could sort of make it work with a girlfriend as well.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Kalev007 View Post

                  You could sort of make it work with a girlfriend as well.

                  Perfect! Now I just need a few more links for my Daytona

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by KushBandit View Post

                    Perfect! Now I just need a few more links for my Daytona

                    LOL... that will make a nice waistwatch
                    The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Thanks for sharing!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I'm developing my own protection films. First release will be Daytona. After that I planned the sub 40 and sub 41.

                        If someone is interested in good and affordable protection films just write me a message.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          These look pretty goofy imo. I've had a full-coverage phone skin made of the same material and it made my phone feel cheap so I ended up taking it off. It held up fine but I just couldn't get over the look and feel. Wouldn't consider putting it on a watch.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            flyinhawaiian ​​​​​​ I know what you mean but the films I now created are extremely thin. It's mostly invisible. If I'm ready to release I will post pics here.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X