• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ABD customizing $1275 rip off!

geo123

Horology Curious
10/2/15
Unfortunately I decided to buy a watch from ABD Customizing and ignored the advice on this forum that their products were over priced and with little added value. I was prepared to pay a premium (double!!) for something that was "better" than the standard product. I didn't expect that I wouldn't actually get the watch at all!! The contact was Aurasash who is active on this forum and quick to defend any negative feedback on behalf of ABD. Communication was via Instagram, with one or 2 PMs sent from this forum when I was not getting an acceptable response. I have screen shots of all communication as well as copies of emails to DHL and their confirmation that nothing was collected from this supplier to be sent to me.

Summary:

I ordered a watch in March and paid $1275 for a customized RM 35-02 with additional velcro strap (and a complimentary screw driver!). Payment was made immediately, cleared and acknowledged recieved by Aurasash on 23 March. While he waited for the money to clear he confirmed they were already "working" on my order!

He advised the watch was "shipped" a few days later. No tracking or other info was supplied. A few weeks went by and I felt as we had the corona virus issue it was being delayed as a result. At that stage there was no concern. After a month or two I started getting concerned and requested a tracking number. I was given one and using this it showed that this package was delayed in transit. Eventually after investigation I found it had already been delivered to someone else and was not applicable to me! After advising him Aurasash then gave me another DHL tracking number!! I contacted DHL who confirm that this parcel number was never picked up from the supplier. I have tried for weeks to get proof of collection from ABD. They should at least have a copy of the waybill with delivery info which would be their receipt that the item was collected by DHL. After 4 months of communication and being strung along on a daily basis I have given up hope of trying to resolve this. I have numerous emails and calls from DHL confirming there was never a pickup of my package (waybill number given by ABD) from the supplier. Despite his assurances Aurasash will not supply any proof other than to say they are lying!

I have screen shots and proof of all communications and emails relating to this process.

Based on my experiences I suggest extreme caution when dealing with ABD

On a side note I ordered a watch from Puretime in June and I had automated communication from DHL from pickup to delivery at my home in 8 days total. Tracking was effective and simple. I have ordered over 30 watches from them and other TDs over the years and have never had a single watch not delivered.

Some of my communications below!!
f9aa5c985c2650389182fe1dea0cd5c9.jpg
136481012fd1c66541f28992c6d34159.jpg
109a93af197f09b8e3380885be761d17.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Well, I'm sorry to hear that you got ripped off apparently. Unfortunately I don't think there's much that can be done from the form here since they're not associated with it beyond just getting the word out of your situation and experience. I personally am not familiar with them, nor am I very familiar with Richard Mille. I would be curious to hear what Aurasash can offer to this thread to add additional clarity to what's going on. From what I saw of the aggressive nature in some of his other posts, as you mentioned, I'm hoping he can be respectful in any responses that occur here. I'm hoping it's just a mix-up combined with poor logistics due to COVID.

geo123

Horology Curious
10/2/15
Thanks. Yes my post is aimed at preventing some one else experiencing the same thing. I would prefer to have reported on a wonderful product and purchase experience but unfortunately I can't!! Apologies for change of font in my first post. Not sure what happened!

I like RMs and the 35 is one of the better copies right now. I was prepared to pay extra for a rep that was even closer to the real thing. ABD show some great pictures!

I thought that after 4 months it was safe to assume it was never happening hence my post.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: mari115

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I feel bad for you and your missing money. I fear that your chances of recovering your money is somewhere between slim and none. Unfortunately this is not the 1st or last time for this sort of thing happening. Most of the time the reason that they have such great looking watches is that they steal pictures of the Genuine watches and then post them as their own. Obviously this is completely unethical, but it is what they do. I expect this sort of post from someone brand new & that just joined a few weeks ago and has basically 0 posts, but you have been here since 2015 and claim to have bought 30* watches from PureTime. What came over you that you would send $1275 to someone that none of us have ever heard of?

Hopefully ... Lesson Learned also hopefully your post will prevent at least one or maybe some others from the same fate as you.

geo123

Horology Curious
10/2/15
You are 100% right. I was impressed with the pictures and felt that I would get a rep that had been modded to look closer to the original. Its an emotional purchase by an enthusiast so logic isn't high on the list!! The mods were listed and I suppose you could call it a super rep or as close to original that you can currently get if actually supplied as shown. I was paying double the price but if I received what I thought I was getting I'm fine with that. Interesting in that I never saw pictures of the watch prior to shipping like most dealers would do. I am still speaking to them to get resolution but there has been no progress yet with that. I was aware there are quite a few critics on the forum of ABD and their mods. Whether they actually do anything significant with the watch that justify the cost. I would like to have given accurate feedback if I had received it! I was contacted today by Aurasash (abd) and he said they would " try work something out". I will advise if there is any development!! I live in hope. :))

James2020

1/6/20
Thanks for sharing and I hope you are able to resolve the situation soon.

It serves as a good reminder to avoid buy from non-TD. That said, some members may still face issues with TDs but most (if not all) are resolved as the TDs have a reputation to maintain and you can open a ticket in RWI to seek help if required.

Aurasash

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/7/19
LMFAO

Many has bought from us and many has experienced tremendous delays recently due to the pandemic.

During the past 5-6 months all packages were sent to Saudi directly and then forwarded out to the respective countries.

Many like to assume what they know is the universal fact. Do you even know DHL GZ has several routes out of GZ? Ours was a direct to HK then Saudi.

Now this buyer’s package has been sent there like the rest and unfortunately it was missing during the transit. I’ve checked with my shippers and they not received any notifications that the package is seized nor could they find out what’s the situation. Buyer made a huge fuss about me providing him with a wrong converted tracking number that belongs to someone else. My bad. My shipper gave that to me n I sent him without checking. Yes I didn’t check cos I don’t check no less than 15 shipments out everyday. So it was a simple mistake what’s the fuss? Opportunity to insinuate that we scammed? Lol

During the past few months many many customers faces the same issue of not being able to trace the package, called up DHL only receive information that package was not picked up or appointment to send parcel was never made blah blah typical crap. What they don’t understand is that the shipping situation is very crappy and many things are not working well like normal times. But after a few days they all received the packages well. Those that had bought I hope they’ll chime in what they’ve experienced. Scammers we’re not. Delays yes sometimes we have delays on our end to churn out the watches but 99% time was shipping delays.

Before I came across this post I actually sent a message to this buyer telling him we’ll send him a replacement foc as we want to put an end to this ridiculous chapter. Not because we did wrong but just wanna put this crap episode outta way after a long 4-5months? And now bam this post? Lol. What’s the usual custom risk? On buyer? Right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: XLR8R

Aurasash

Banned
6/7/19
I feel bad for you and your missing money. I fear that your chances of recovering your money is somewhere between slim and none. Unfortunately this is not the 1st or last time for this sort of thing happening. Most of the time the reason that they have such great looking watches is that they steal pictures of the Genuine watches and then post them as their own. Obviously this is completely unethical, but it is what they do. I expect this sort of post from someone brand new & that just joined a few weeks ago and has basically 0 posts, but you have been here since 2015 and claim to have bought 30* watches from PureTime. What came over you that you would send $1275 to someone that none of us have ever heard of?

Hopefully ... Lesson Learned also hopefully your post will prevent at least one or maybe some others from the same fate as you.

We’ve never used gen pictures as our work. We’ve only used gen watches to scan n reproduce them

Aurasash

Banned
6/7/19
Well, I'm sorry to hear that you got ripped off apparently. Unfortunately I don't think there's much that can be done from the form here since they're not associated with it beyond just getting the word out of your situation and experience. I personally am not familiar with them, nor am I very familiar with Richard Mille. I would be curious to hear what Aurasash can offer to this thread to add additional clarity to what's going on. From what I saw of the aggressive nature in some of his other posts, as you mentioned, I'm hoping he can be respectful in any responses that occur here. I'm hoping it's just a mix-up combined with poor logistics due to COVID.

I agree I’m aggressive at times. Only when I’m accused of doing something I’ve not and others making wild accusations like they know everything. Many like to assume what they is right, is right. A deep well they live in. There’re many things that goes on unexplained here in China no matter how much one asks but some folks don’t believe that. N now we became the scapegoat.

geo123

Horology Curious
10/2/15
Hi Aurasash,

Your reply clearly indicates how badly you run your operation.

1. I asked for a tracking number. Not an unreasonable request as I paid the cost of shipping along with the watch and I had not received it after some time.

2. You eventually gave me a random DHL number and for months insisted I was wrong until I proved via DHL that you were incorrect. It was a package that had already been delivered 2 months ago to another country.

3. You then gave me a new number. You could never provide proof of sending even with your revised number. DHL stated in writing twice the parcel was never collected from the sender. I dont believe 4 months is an unreasonable amount of time to expect an answer. Why could you not take this up with DHL as you "gave" them the package. You would have the documentation to support this?

4. You stated that: " it sucks but the risk is on the buyer". ( I have the screenshot). At no stage did my watch get to customs in the first place. This would be clear from on line tracking. DHL would advise if there was an issue regarding customs etc. They have a business to run and would advise their clients of any issues. Packages cant just "disappear" without any obligation from them.

5. I waited 4 months without any commitment from you. After I posted yesterday you said you would try to make it right but I "must cut your crap attitude first". In other words I shouldn't expect what I paid you for unless I sort out my "attitude".

6. I stated that I was prepared to respond positively if you dealt with this professionally and I received an item that was expected and paid for.

7. As per your reply above you are a "pleasure" to deal with and as always respond as if you are doing us a favor. Hopefully my unfortunate experience can benefit others on this forum. If it saves even one member from being scammed it would be worth it.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I agree I’m aggressive at times. Only when I’m accused of doing something I’ve not and others making wild accusations like they know everything. Many like to assume what they is right, is right. A deep well they live in. There’re many things that goes on unexplained here in China no matter how much one asks but some folks don’t believe that. N now we became the scapegoat.

Look, as far as i understood, and from the elements that were admitted by yourself, the communication with geo123 (i can't tag him i get a weird error) lasted for 5 months. We all know that due to Covid19 all shipping have been delayed, but if after 1... 2... even 3 months the tracking number said nothing (if you even shipped it, since DHL said that they had no idea where the packet was since it was never collected from you), why haven't you guys fixed the situation earlier? Did you need to wait 5 months for it?

I don't know how you deal with your customers, but if this behavior is "normal" as you are implying it to be, i hope to never start liking RMs and to never deal with you in the future lmao

Last edited:

Aurasash

Banned
6/7/19
Hi Aurasash,

1. I asked for a tracking number. Not an unreasonable request as I paid the cost of shipping along with the watch and I had not received it after some time.

2. You eventually gave me a random DHL number and for months insisted I was wrong until I proved via DHL that you were incorrect. It was a package that had already been delivered 2 months ago to another country.

3. You then gave me a new number. You could never provide proof of sending even with your revised number. DHL stated in writing twice the parcel was never collected from the sender. I dont believe 4 months is an unreasonable amount of time to expect an answer. Why could you not take this up with DHL as you "gave" them the package. You would have the documentation to support this?

4. You stated that: " it sucks but the risk is on the buyer". ( I have the screenshot). At no stage did my watch get to customs in the first place. This would be clear from on line tracking. DHL would advise if there was an issue regarding customs etc. They have a business to run and would advise their clients of any issues. Packages cant just "disappear" without any obligation from them.

5. I waited 4 months without any commitment from you. After I posted yesterday you said you would try to make it right but I "must cut your crap attitude first". In other words I shouldn't expect what I paid you for unless I sort out my "attitude".

6. I stated that I was prepared to respond positively if you dealt with this professionally and I received an item that was expected and paid for.

7. As per your reply above you are a "pleasure" to deal with and as always respond as if you are doing us a favor. Hopefully my unfortunate experience can benefit others on this forum. If it saves even one member from being scammed it would be worth it.

I’m not going to go into essay writing

Like I’ve said you love to assume.

Long story short

Package shipped like so many others.
Delays due to pandemic
Your package up till now shows held in Saudi.
You claimed we didn’t ship
Provided with the waybill why don’t u check with DHL the signature at the TOP right? Demand an investigation.

We’ve shipped and we’ve not scammed a single cent. Up to u to believe. You obviously had read from other buyers or asked around before contacting us. One shit incident with DHL and now suddenly we’re scammers. Thanks.

c68fd9839d93df23ce02857e684ddaf3.jpg

Aurasash

Banned
6/7/19
Hi Aurasash,

I’m not going to go into essay writing

Like I’ve said you love to assume.

Long story short

Package shipped like so many others.
Delays due to pandemic
Your package up till now shows held in Saudi.
You claimed we didn’t ship
Provided with the printed waybill why don’t u check with DHL the signature at the TOP right? Demand an investigation.

We’ve shipped and we’ve not scammed a single cent. Up to u to believe. You obviously had read from other buyers or asked around before contacting us. One shit incident with DHL and now suddenly we’re scammers. Thanks.

c68fd9839d93df23ce02857e684ddaf3.jpg

Aurasash

Banned
6/7/19
Look, as far as i understood, and from the elements that were admitted by yourself, the communication with geo123 (i can't tag him i get a weird error) lasted for 5 months. We all know that due to Covid19 all shipping have been delayed, but if after 1... 2... even 3 months the tracking number said nothing (if you even shipped it, since DHL said that they had no idea where the packet was since it was never collected from you), why haven't you guys fixed the situation earlier? Did you need to wait 5 months for it?

I don't know how you deal with your customers, but if this behavior is "normal" as you are implying it to be, i hope to never start liking RMs and to never deal with you in the future lmao

Don’t worry we won’t deal with you.

This is China u think it’s easy to communicate with DHL when enquiring about replica goods? Do they even reply u in 4-5 days? We’ve been trying to fix the situation. Nvm you obviously didn’t read or can’t.

Aurasash

Banned
6/7/19

Well you can ask forum members who has my WeChat ID n COULD SEE MY MOMENTS how I deal with customers. They’re all famous people being posted there. And they have a good reason to be famous. Dude you were ever taught to listen to both sides of a story?

geo123

Horology Curious
10/2/15
The waybill number is?

Have you tried the number?

They signed acceptance of an international parcel only with the recipients info and no other details?

Aurasash

Banned
6/7/19
The waybill number is?

They signed acceptance of an international parcel only with the recipients info and no other details?

Why don’t u ask the folks here how the shipping process here in China watch market works. Waybill number will be converted to an actual tracking number when the package reaches the base and that takes days due to pandemic.

Your last question, u think here there’s a DHL guy in uniform n yellow cap giving u all those? Fly here take a look I insist.

Aurasash

Banned
6/7/19
The waybill number is?

Why don’t u ask the folks here how the shipping process here in China watch market works. Waybill number will be converted to an actual tracking number when the package reaches the base and that takes days due to pandemic. It’s dumb how u try to blindside the readers here by asking have I tried the waybill number. Didn’t I already told u the converted number thing right from day one?

Your last question, u think here there’s a DHL guy in uniform n yellow cap giving u all those? Fly here take a look I insist.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS

I can only imagine the logistics headaches that any business in China is dealing with currently. I understand the trusted dealers here are having similar headaches and shipping through the middle East. Unfortunately I think this situation took longer to resolve then I would have expected, but I'm glad that you are sending a replacement piece to OP. As I said, I'm not familiar with anything related to Richard Mille or your work, so I'm not judging you. Just hoping for a resolution which it seems you're taking care of. Best wishes to all.

Reactions: Aurasash