• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patience or Principle: 2nd Attempt

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Hey guys!
I am relatively new here and to reps!
i found my way here from somehow stumbling upon a lookalike breitling and somehow through a rabbit hole of google clicking, I found myself on the trusted dealer page here!
Still not knowing what was what, I barely escaped being ripped off and ordering really shotty quartz movement navitimers..
To shorten things a bit:
I ordered a blue dial Navitimer fom trustytime and then less than a week later I flipped out and threatened wanting my money back thinking it would speed the process up.
I WAS WRONG!
Andrew refunded my money and basically was just like find someone else there’s no need to act this this...
He was right!!
About a week later, I thought I had accepted that this is a waiting game and asked TTime for another chance and he gave it to me!
i ordered a Gray dial 01Navitimer from him and a JF version from InTime!
I was SOO EXCITED for the watches, I just could NOT be patient. I was emailing, asking questions about everything just being completely awful..
Whats worse is the whole time I told myself it was al about the PRINCIPLE of the matter... That I paid a high cost of shipping for such slow awful shipping processes.
i mean my attitude and actions and first few posts on here were the prime example of how not to act when ordering a rep from a TD even if it’s your first order....

NOW, WITH ALL THAT SAID:

I still feel there is a difference between having patience and sticking to some common principles of business or just your personal principles or boundaries..
I know that we are dealing across cultures and so miscommunications or rather MERE VERBAL disagreements are going to happen..
I mean, sure you don’t want to go around pissing off the TD’s providing the service, but at the same time we are the customers with the money and that in itself should afford us some common respect and courtesies from the trusted dealers, ya know?
I still have a lot of questions about what is appropriate and inappropriate in terms of dealing with the trusted dealers...
How long do we wait for QC pics before respond to the TD and be like, hey what’s up, how close are we?

When are refunds warranted and when are they not?
How long is too long to wait for a watch before there is some kind of compensation from the TD?

I guess it all boils down to wondering where is that line between being impatient, given what this is and just treating what this is as a regular ole business transaction...

I don’t know... the post and my thoughts kinda faded out there towards the end...
Working in sales will do that to a philosophy major, rendering his education meaningless...

thanks for listening if anyone did!

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I have no idea why you think you are entitled to compensation if you had to wait longer than you think you should.

You're buying illegal goods from China from people who are risking fines, a kicking and a night in a cell to get you your watch.

They will get you your watch, and you will let them do it at their speed.

Thats the deal.

If you think it should be like shopping on Amazon, then, shop on Amazon

Also if you think TT take too long give Lucy a try.

Reactions: XpanzerX

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
Don’t take this the wrong way as I mean no offense, but let’s face it, Bro, you’re a noob! Noobs go through this phase and cannot understand why buying from China is not the same as Amazon Prime.

After you have been here for a while and gotten used to the way things work, then you’ll begin to understand why things are as they are. Then, after you’ve been here for several years and come upon a thread like this one, you’ll respond to it the same way I have to yours.

If you want what you are asking in your op, this hobby isn’t for you. If you adjust your expectations and come to terms with the realities of our hobby, you’ll do great. Hope it’s the latter and you hang around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
Mate, I hear ya, but on the other hand, I just waited almost 1.5 year for a gen Sub and 6 months for a new car ordered at AD. Patience, mate, patience.. it's a virtue that will help you a lot in life.

But in all honesty, I am not sure if waiting for 10-14 days is actually that bad. I am not an expert on how things work over there, but let's think it through:
You order, TD reads your message the next day (time zone differences, right?).
Let's say it takes 1 or 2 days to confirm your payment (I'm guessing the credit card payments don't go directly to their bank accounts, but there is a intermediary to make it more difficult to track in case of trouble).
The money arrives and the TD picks up a phone to give the middleman/warehouse/factory a call to schedule an appointment. Maybe the next day? Maybe in two days?
Ok, so we are already in Day 5. The TD meets the other guy, let's assume the watch actually is in stock, the TD returns to "the office" with idk 20 watches?
Day 6, probably takes the QC pics and starts sending them out.
So you probably get your pics on Day 6 or 7. And this all assumes that everything goes ok, the watch is in stock, and there are no bazillion orders at the same time. And keep in mind that they do it all while avoiding getting caught by the police. So if you get your watch QCs within a week, it is actually pretty impressive. If you order something less popular, then add some time to find a good rep.

Reactions: XpanzerX

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
OP, forget the "customer" attitude and forget how you are treated elsewhere as a buyer
follow the recommendation from Ride2live and eventually you'll be fine
you are on a good path already questioning your behaviour and asking for feedback
keep going and give the TDs some patience and you will receive their appreciation
basic 3 rules - be friendly and polite, be friendly and polite, be friendly and polite
ask your question or inquiries friendly and if that doesn't work increase friendliness
work on your expectation level and be aware and prepared to receive something broken or something which stops working after short time
quality is sometimes exceptional and sometimes shitty and all you can do is accept that as collateral damage of this business

if you can't adjust your expectation level you will likely have no fun
cheers mate

Reactions: R2L

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
muiramas wow! I’m not even going to respond to that that judge mental response conceived in hostility.

More so looking for actual advice and rational discussion..
but it’s okay, that kind of discourse isn’t for everyone..

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
p0pperini man, this very well may be true.. I certainly did not have it at the beginning for whatever reason, mostly just ignorance and impatience..
but, I am trying to gain the right knowledge and listen to the right people to change my conceptions and figure out what is the best way to interact...
especially given that I am naturally an impatient person..

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Ride2live man, I’m not that stupid , ha.. and that’s a very blanket analogy..
the waiting game is merely my own vice and impatience..
theres a code or etiquette, which is prolly not the best word, for dealing with all kinds of kinds, whether it’s the weed man, the dope boy, the car salesman, the electrician or the replica watch TD...
just trying to figure out what are those codes or boundaries or what?
i mean I’m not going to talk to my real estate agent the same way I talk to the weed man...
I mean, more or less it’s an indirect way of asking what or who am I dealing with and what are the guidelines so that I get the best SERVICE that I can for the money I pay and the way they are treated def. plays into that...

thank you for not making unfounded assumptions as to my intentions with the post...

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
mickszym yeah I definitely wondered what is the process from once I order and how the whole qc situation arises.. what you said sounds fairly logical I guess...
All I have to go on is experience, so I guess I’ve had it pretty good bc both QC photos got to me on like 2 -5 days [one of them 6 days if you include weekend days as “business days.”]
On day 6 with the third purchase now..

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Hey, I appreciate all the information and brute facts!
I guess only time will tell whether or not I can have the patience required to at least follow through with this last purchase without pissing anyone off! bc the current one is always the last, right?

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
A general rule of thumb is you should treat everyone with respect. And that you should also treat people with the same level of respect regardless of what they're doing. This self entitled "I am the customer and the customer is always right" days have passed. No one needs to deal with that attitude and no one wants to deal with that attitude.

I don't care if it is my biggest client, a potential client I am hoping will throw work my way, an employee, a bartender, an AD, or a TD - they are all talked to with respect. Sure we can have disagreements but when you talk to people in a reasonable way in with realistic expectations and you're able to articulate and communicate those expectations like a grown up, just about all disagreements can be resolved in a reasonable way.

If you have excitement about a purchase and you want to talk about it, post here like we do. Yelling at a TD because COVID 19 caused almost all air traffic to be grounded which resulted in a backup in shipping is not something that your TD can do anything about.I don't know what you expect people to do. There's that prayer that goes something like "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference." I think what we have here is a failure to understand the difference. And remember, you're really not entitled to anything.

So let's discuss this "high cost of shipping". How much did you pay? I mean $35 to 75 isn't a high cost of shipping. That is just shipping. A high cost of shipping with be $200 to $300.

Also, remember this is a competitive market here so these TD's don't make a lot on a single watch. I know a lot of people think these watches are "fakes" so they materialize out of thin air. They do not. Despite the fact that you pay, $500 for a watch, keep in mind the TDs only mark these products up nominally. I mean, it sounds like you're asking for a sort of ass kissing you can't even get a Rolex AD never mind a Breitling dealer. And the TD isn't about to kiss your ass or take your attitude for the 30-$50. Especially for things they have no control over.

Hazing

9/5/19
I don’t know... the post and my thoughts kinda faded out there towards the end...

See the benefit of actively posting. Just think, you could have had a reality check before making yourself look like a pompous, entitled ass.

Working in sales will do that to a philosophy major, rendering his education meaningless...

Call me a skeptic.

Hazing

9/5/19
I have no idea why you think you are entitled to compensation if you had to wait longer than you think you should.

You're buying illegal goods from China from people who are risking fines, a kicking and a night in a cell to get you your watch.

They will get you your watch, and you will let them do it at their speed.

Thats the deal.

If you think it should be like shopping on Amazon, then, shop on Amazon

Also if you think TT take too long give Lucy a try.

The guys from Noon spent more than 30 days in jail last year IIRC. And keep in mind we're talking a Chinese jail where the justice system isn't exactly fair or reasonable. And I'd imagine the conditions aren't exactly comfortable.

Paulbsiny

Known Member
Certified
28/2/20
Take into account what is happening in the world right now and couple that with the already complicated process of ordering reps and you get these extended wait times. My last order took over a month. I’ve heard of people waiting over two months.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
You should try the good old "I wanna talk to the manager line". Solves all problems on earth without exception. But seriously, stick to ADs. You'll also get a glass of Champaign for free when buying a GMT II. ;)

Working in sales is a great experience and I truly believe that everyone should do this once in his life. Don't blame the job for behaving like a 10 year old.

Reactions: Slanglican

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
The Haters aren’t even worth the time, Fuck em!

I appreciate all the advice and constructive criticism. Humbling for sure!