• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help a groom out! (Share your dress watches)

Frod

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/4/20
Hey all!

Now that I am completely obsessed with the rep game I am on the hunt for possibly my most important watch purchase ever...the watch I will wear at my wedding this September (pushed back from June due to the virus). I'd like to get some opinions/feedback from others on what some good choices might be and see some pictures of all the awesome dress watches you guys have!

As of now I have been kind of stuck on the Rolex DJ 41 blue dial. I've seen people say you shouldn't wear a SS bracelet at your wedding/fancy event but I like the look. Doesn't mean I am stuck on a bracelet, I enjoy a nice leather strap as well. My wrist is 6.75in (17.145cm) in diameter which is kinda small but I still think the 36 would be a little small for my liking. I also am a fan of a nice moon phase complication as well.

I know there are way better options out there than the DJ but I just don't know enough about other companies such as JLCs, PPs, Langes, etc.

Any suggestions, links to other topics or pictures you guys can share would be greatly appreciated!

Stay safe,
Frankie

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
ZF Patek Calatrava 5296

CFCL1.jpg
CFlGv.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rolemars

aswe1022

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/8/18
Jaeger Lecoultre ZF Master Ultra Thin Moon is another gorgeous watch

Reactions: Frod

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
Check out Gunny Straps and see what Peter has to offer. I believe he is a trusted dealer for straps. Throw some nice shiny alligator on that bad boy!

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Yes Gunny is in trusted strap list. Here is his website. Put a nice strap on to replace the steel.
https://www.gunnystrapsofficial.com

I have the RG version of the ZF Master Ultra Thin Moon. Not happy with the rep strap, any suggestions? I had ended up ordering from ziczac leather but fitment was very poor (not many strap makers get the curved end right). Much appreciated!!

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
I have the RG version of the ZF Master Ultra Thin Moon. Not happy with the rep strap, any suggestions? I had ended up ordering from ziczac leather but fitment was very poor (not many strap makers get the curved end right). Much appreciated!!
I would tell you to ask Peter directly, he answers emails. Or.browse his site, you can browse by watch brand of I recall. I have a few custom made straps from Peter.

Reactions: srhoque

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
You should consider the Breguet Tradition 7057: https://puretimewatch.io/tradition-...eton-dial-on-black-leather-strap-a507-v2.html

It has a really striking look that will sure to be a highlight in a few artistic detail shots, assuming your photographer is likely to take some of those shots. It also solves the issue with the band. I know it doesn't matter to you but you really should not wear a metal bracelet if you're wearing a suit or tux for your wedding. You're one of the two points of attention for the entire event, dress appropriately.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
As of now I have been kind of stuck on the Rolex DJ 41 blue dial. I've seen people say you shouldn't wear a SS bracelet at your wedding/fancy event but I like the look.
BS - wear what you like. It's YOUR wedding, might happen only once...