Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diiferences between a super clone and a Franken

Hello to everyone.
    In these days I am discovering a new world....
    I cannot understand though what is a super clone (I immagine but don't understand the criteria with which a watch is called that way) and what a Franken is and why arent they so popular on the Market.
    If sombody may also link the superclone thread which i dont find I'd apreciate.

Thanks to everybody
    Claudio

A superclone is a 1:1 rep fully build in some factories in China.
    A Franken watch is a rep watch modded with gen parts.

Example:
    Superclone: Noob PAM 111 V4
    Franken: Noob V10 with gen Rolex Crystal, Bezel and Datewheel
    Nobody buys a swiss watch for thousands of dollars just to tell the time. If anybody would do this it would be totally irrational and crazy. - J.C. Biver -

Comment

bene1337 Hello Bene.
      Thanks for the answer. If you would an exact APwhat would you buy a superclone or a Franken?
      Claudio

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyxx2000 View Post
        If you would an exact APwhat would you buy a superclone or a Franken?
        If it has genuine parts it's a Franken, if it comes with parts made in the factory in China it's a super clone.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyxx2000 View Post
          bene1337 Hello Bene.
          Thanks for the answer. If you would an exact APwhat would you buy a superclone or a Franken?
          Claudio
          I would always take a Franken. Start with a Super clone, put gen parts and it becomes a Franken (gen like looks, functionality and reliability).

But the world of AP is a bit complicated. There is no Super Clone AP. Some are very good models (like 15703/15706 diver, bumblebee) and it becomes quite expensive to franken them. Unlike Rolex, gen AP parts are hard to source. Good luck!!

Comment

Working...
          X