Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DHL Shipping message - is this normal ?

Hi Ladies and Gents,
    This may not be the right section so excuse me if it isnt..

I've ordered a couple of watches from a TD and as they were picked up by EMS they've now sent them DHL (not my idea), everything looked fine on DHL tracking but then a message came up on the tracking saying " The requested service has changed, for assistance please contact DHL"... that was on 26th March and nothing else since....

I appreciate with COVID19 things are massively changing the world over, i asked my TD who contacted his courier and explained that DHL were struggling with the amount of packages so it just means it's delayed, thats okay i'm not expecting Amazon service but part of me is worried it's been confiscated.

Has anyone else experienced this message or any thoughts on it ??

Thanks Guys

Stay Safe,

Gary

It normally wouldn’t be confiscated until it reaches the destination country’s customs. It would mention it in the tracking ‘inbound into customs’ along with a notice to Please contact DHL.
    RWI SUPPORTER

Comment

Hi Hor-Fan,

Well that sounds a little more promising.... just waiting on a tracking update now to see things moving on...thanks for the reply my friend

Comment

Hi GA73 . I'm waiting on a watch I've ordered and for the last 8 days dhl hasn't picked it up yet but at some point they will. It's just that sorting packages to be shipped is small and they're kinda sort of trying to get into the swing of things. I ordered 2 watches last month and it took almost 3 weeks to receive by dhl . Hope this helps if that's your issue.

Comment

Because of limited flights getting out of HK, the packages are taking longer to be picked up. It will eventually be in transit. I have been using FedEx and am noticing 4 to 5 extra days for pickup, DHL should be the same

Comment

I signed up for tracking by text so when dhl picks up the package I'll get a hit on every move.

Comment

When you get tracking from TD and they say info received that means TD has not yet dropped package off. They do this to stop people pestering about shipping sometimes I guess, very few go missing so it's just a case of being patient and waiting.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Comment

Just to give you an idea about delays. Last year (my TD is Trusty), package was picked up and in transit within 2 days of QC approval (Mainly FedEx and also DHL at times). Then it took 2 days to arrive in CONUS. Right now, it is getting picked up (and showing in transit) 7 days after QC approval.

Andrew told me they have limited number of flights and packages coming out of HK.

Comment

I am experiencing 4 - 5 day delays on average from DHL. The delay is getting out of HK where packets are being held longer than normal to find a flight.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI
                  If two witches watched two wrist watches which witch would watch which wrist watch?

Comment

It generally takes about a week for packages to pass through from Guangzhou to HK during this time, I wouldn't worry about seizure unless your package is in destination country and tracking says "please contact DHL"

Comment

Mine is now stating it's on hold in Hong Kong, guess it's waiting for a flight. No rush though, as long as it arrives

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Comment

This message from Andrew at TrustyTime today - “With the COVID-19 virus situation, there has been a reduced number of outgoing flights for all courier services.

There will be some inevitable delays due to this, of approximately 5-10 working days.

Packages with tracking update sent to you have been queued for processing and shipment.

For packages in transit, forwarder has advised that the delivery time may be longer due to fewer logistics handlers and more checks in place to ensure that the packages are safe to handle. Tracking will usually only be updated when it reaches the destination country.”
                        If two witches watched two wrist watches which witch would watch which wrist watch?

Comment

Ive found that shipping is is actually fairly fast once DHL starts to process the package. But my current order seems to be sitting still at “shipment information received” for now going on to the 2nd week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Same here... 3 different packages from 2 different TDs... shipping information received since March 23rd and March 26th.

I was told the same with regard to DHL tracking starting to show updates only AFTER the package reaches the destination country. Once that happens they should arrive within 3-5 days.

I was also told updates should start showing after the beginning of April...

Just relaying the info I’ve received which seems to be about the same as what other members have reported.

Comment

Well mine showed up today with no issues, really quick and a good TD to deal with overall

Comment

Working...
                              X