• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cheap rolex oyster rep. DHGATE

swaps1122

Still New
18/12/19
Just got my cheap replica a few days ago from DHgate. seems to be a nice heavy watch which for now works well and looks good. It will run all night if wound as you go to bed. Nice hand movement and works as per the original. winder is unscrewed to change the date time and wind, the links on the bracelet are screw pins as per the original. Not sure if all real bracelets have the micro adjustment for size but this watch does not have that. you need to remove pins to make it smaller for some reason I cannot get the camera to pick up the weight on the scales but it is 128 grams. Please see the pics. If you have questions I will answer if I can. was not sure which thread this should be in but the member watches threads seem to be for specific brands so thought best to post here. I did get a box and paperwork but this has not arrived as yet. ordered just before Xmas and arrived in about 10 days to the UK.

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Buy only fron TD mate if you want to get your money's worth

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

swaps1122

Still New
18/12/19
I have a couple of these watches 2 are over 10 years old. only problem I have had is one with diamonds on the bezel lost 2 stones, when I get round to it I will pop a couple back in. at $55 delivered you cannot go wrong. and the pics of the back of the case is just some dust, the case is perfect, not like it looks in the pic.

Last edited:

Countess Koscowicz

1/1/20
UK
Each to their own and if it works for you fair enough, I would honestly suggest spending a bit more and going for a djf or arf from a td. The quality is very poor in terms of flaws. With a quick glance you can see the bezel is huge, coronet is wrong, the crown is off. Cyclops magnification is too small, datewheel wrong to name a few. If these don’t bother you, then all power to you. It looks very cheap with far too many obvious flaws imo. If your not too fussed about it’s flaws or accuracy why not grab a decent seiko 5 instead of a rep, will look much smarter and with servicing will last you decades.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cr7juv

swaps1122

Still New
18/12/19
Each to their own and if it works for you fair enough, I would honestly suggest spending a bit more and going for a djf or arf from a td. The quality is very poor in terms of flaws. With a quick glance you can see the bezel is huge, coronet is wrong, the crown is off. Cyclops magnification is too small, datewheel wrong to name a few. If these don’t bother you, then all power to you. It looks very cheap with far too many obvious flaws imo. If your not too fussed about it’s flaws or accuracy why not grab a decent seiko 5 instead of a rep, will look much smarter and with servicing will last you decades.

Im very happy with it, I have compared it to pics of the real thing and its close enough for me. I would not pay $300 or $400 for a copy. I would buy 6 copies of different watches for that price.

Reactions: beau_bands

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Maybe to you it is but im very happy with it.
Why did you get the box and paperwork for this , I am sure you wont need it, lol

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Maybe to you it is but im very happy with it.

It's ugly to the majority of us. $50 is still too much for this. Invictas are nicer than that.

Im glad you like it though. We all started somewhere. When you get something like a Noob/ARF, you'll see what I mean. 'Til then, don't wear that in public lol.

Reactions: Countess Koscowicz

fidel_dlr

Getting To Know The Place
19/4/16
Im very happy with it, I have compared it to pics of the real thing and its close enough for me. I would not pay $300 or $400 for a copy. I would buy 6 copies of different watches for that price.
Same for me, I bought an arf 116515 daytona for $350 a couple months ago, and decided to buy cheaper watches on dhgate because no worth spend that kind of money for a replica watch, I have a gmt master 2 root beer a ap 15400 and a rolex submariner and I m very happy with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fidel_dlr

Getting To Know The Place
19/4/16
Next month I’ll sell the daytona and buy it again from dhgate
0c6869a5b1e101e024c16d13d28217f4.jpg

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Well, I am glad you guys dont have a problem buying a $5 watch for $35-$45. As long as you're happy that's all that matters :)

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
Ignorance is bliss. I wish I hadn't read so much on this forum. My wallet is poorer for it. Once you know, it is impossible to not see the flaws.

Dhgate watches have very obvious flaws, but some people don't mind (or don't know better), and I say, wear what you like. Like my kids like to say these days, YOLO!

ssouthall6

Respected Member
10/10/13
I thought my case finishing by hand was bad until I saw that. Blimey.