• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DHL Shipping Delays EU > US?

Simonbolivar

Renowned Member
17/2/13
Long Island, New York
Anyone experiencing shipping delays between EU and US in the last several weeks?

I bought a watch via M2M from a member in Germany a few weeks ago, and has not arrived after 14 days total transit time. DHL shipped to Hamburg, where it was supposedly flown to the US 7 days ago. This is “paket” service, so seems that it should have handed off to USPS. But no updates so far. I think I might be screwed.

Simonbolivar

Renowned Member
17/2/13
Long Island, New York
You should not worry just yet until you get a letter. It could be due to the holiday season.

Thanks. I wasn’t even thinking about customs seizure. More worried it’s lost or got delivered to wrong address. Hoping it’s just holiday shipping volume as you said. Normally I’d just write it off, but this one was kinda pricey... we’ll see what happens.

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Thanks. I wasn’t even thinking about customs seizure. More worried it’s lost or got delivered to wrong address. Hoping it’s just holiday shipping volume as you said. Normally I’d just write it off, but this one was kinda pricey... we’ll see what happens.

Best of luck, keep us posted as I'm sure there's more members out there that are in the same situation.