• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What will be the super replica of this year ?

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
IF it's really GOLD plated as the TD's claim, it will NOT tarnish, patina or discolor. It will certainly rub through and scratch over time, with use, as gold is such a soft metal.

You are wearing a gold plated watch , which will , tarnish , patina , rub and discolour with wear . A pretty massive give away with a replica watch pretending to be solid gold .

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
IF it's really GOLD plated as the TD's claim, it will NOT tarnish, patina or discolor. It will certainly rub through and scratch over time, with use, as gold is such a soft metal.

I have owned gold plated watches chap . From first hand experience they change colour and tarnish/patina . There was a thread about an owner of a gold plated ROO who's watch had tarnished ( changed colour at points ) pretty quickly after purchase on here this week ..I avoid them gen or rep., It is only my opinion though happy for you to have a different one .

owk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/18
You are wearing a gold plated watch , which will , tarnish , patina , rub and discolour with wear . A pretty massive give away with a replica watch pretending to be solid gold .

Yeah, your right about that. I have the watch since a year and it's still very good plated. tho on 1-2 tiny parts you see it getting off, but nothing your gonna realize.
Anyway, my next watch won't be plated. I regret it a bit :D
Maybe I'll find a good tutorial on how to re-plate it here.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I have owned gold plated watches chap . From first hand experience they change colour and tarnish/patina . There was a thread about an owner of a gold plated ROO who's watch had tarnished ( changed colour at points ) pretty quickly after purchase on here this week ..I avoid them gen or rep., It is only my opinion though happy for you to have a different one .

Gold is a noble metal and as such does not tarnish. The alloy used on a rep may - its not the same.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Gold is a noble metal and as such does not tarnish. The alloy used on a rep may - its not the same.

Give it a rest chap and cheers Mr pedantic I realise solid gold ( or gold in various ct forms ) is a noble metal and thus resists oxidation or corrosion . However on a gold plated watch the top thin layer will rub/ chip / wear away due to various factors revealing the base layers . It will also tarnish/ discolour due to molecules of the base layer transferring into the thin gold layer . Thus an obvious tell that your very expensive Swiss luxury watch is actually a cheap fake .

Last edited:

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
In no specific order:

PPF 5711 White Dial
ZF 5167A
Noob Daytona

Reactions: TMillu

chiccovn

4/10/19
Noob daytona v3
Vrf gmt blnr sa3185 (for the super clone movement, 1 month tested fine)
3kf 5167 sa 324sc (for the first ever patek super clone movement.. untested though)

Last edited:

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
3 months left for finish year, What model you think will be best super rep of this year ?

will be Noob Daytona ?
Omega Seamaster 300 ?
any Panerai ?
1) Daytona 4130(no doubt)
2) VSF 300 SM
3) Pam 960 is amazing rep, unfortunately VSF used P9010 clone instead of the new pam movement

Inviato dal mio LYA-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk