• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Canada shipping

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
I couldn’t find much info on shipping to Canada so thought this may help newbies a bit. This is for shipping to Canada west coast. (Vancouver)
I realize there are many shipping methods and reasons a parcel takes longer.
Hopefully we can share ideas on shipping methods ect.

none were shipped DHL as I have read but can’t confirm that customs is more thorough. I also just don’t like DHL.

ebay watches shipped were described as toy watch, value $20
m2m watches were described as broken watch or watch for repair. Value $45
All were shipped as single watches
All went through customs really fast, no problems, no duty.

m2m Australia to Canada 4 days tracked air aus post transferred to Canada post, tracking was spot on.

m2m Thai post air tracked 26 days, transferred to Canada post, tracking stopped updating once it left Thailand. EMS would have been a better option.

M2m Cali USA 14 days usps to Canada post, tracking worked.

Military time ( I think) hong Kong to Canada post express shipping tracked 6 days

M2m Quebec to Vancouver 4 days Canada post

M2m USA south east coast to Canada 7 days usps tracked to Canada post, tracking worked.

Ebay China epacket 20 days

TD China EMS ... yet to be determined.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
User who i sold one of my pieces to requested me to write “watch for repair. Return once complete” or “watch parts for repair” on the package and customs form. Seems to work pretty well. It got to him in no time and he said he’s used this method quite a few times and never had any issues.

I thought it was a pretty good idea and figured I’d share for M2M sales across the border. I doubt any TDs will do it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Oh and EMS seems to be MUCH quicker than DHS. Ordered a 1680 from mary watch next door.
Got tracking number last Thursday and I got a delivery date of Wednesday. Less than a week from China and through customs is pretty damn awesome.

I’ve always used DHS in the past and they have always taken forever.

Reactions: APjumbo

Chred

6/11/15
Hey guys

Great post!
Does anyone have experience with shipping from EU to Canada?

Thanks in advance.

mcnut

Horology Curious
12/2/18
West coast Canada
Hey guys

Great post!
Does anyone have experience with shipping from EU to Canada?

Thanks in advance.
-----------

I have received two watches from trusted dealer narikaa, shipped to Vancouver. He warned me ahead of time, shipping to Canada takes a long time. Shipping from Thailand to U.K. took just six days, then 30 days to Vancouver. I am ok with that, as long as the watch is packed well. Which it was, no damage. Tracking did not work after leaving the UK.

From China to Canada, in my experience, EMS is by far the best. About six to ten days is normal. I have imported about a dozen repilcas over the last two years, none have been checked/confiscated by Customs (they are lazy buggers, which is good :) ). It seems Customs could care less about watches. Drugs on the other hand, heaven help you!

DHL is a bad choice. They check parcels on behalf of Customs. DHL wants to make money, of course, so they will charge GST plus a prosessing fee. This happened to me once and it worked out to only $25, so that was ok. It was a low cost watch, declared value $100.

Hopefully this info is helpful.

Reactions: Chred and APjumbo