• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How many emails do you usually exchange with a TD

kolincio

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/18
I've noticed that it takes me on average about 50 emails to complete an order (from initial query to shipment).
This counts both emails to the TD and from the TD.

I've long believed this to be above average and possible somewhat of a nuisance to the TDs, but they're patient with me so far ^^. I'm always trying to cut down on it but end up piling them up anyway, with "Any updates" being probably the most obvious culprits but I just cannot help myself from time to time.

What's your average? Might motivate me to be less exuberant or to stay exactly as I am.

Cheers.

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU
3 total

1 - Ask if watch is in stock

2 - Send Payment Confirmation

3 - Confirm or reject QC pics

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Jammydodger79

kolincio

21/5/18
Well it's more that 3 in your cases (or less than 50 for me) because I was counting emails from the TD too, but I see that I need to majorly cut down and become way more patient

RamTab

14/7/19
About 10 total for each single transaction. 5 from me and 5 from the TD

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I've noticed that it takes me on average about 50 emails to complete an order (from initial query to shipment).
This counts both emails to the TD and from the TD.

I've long believed this to be above average and possible somewhat of a nuisance to the TDs, but they're patient with me so far ^^. I'm always trying to cut down on it but end up piling them up anyway, with "Any updates" being probably the most obvious culprits but I just cannot help myself from time to time.

What's your average? Might motivate me to be less exuberant or to stay exactly as I am.

Cheers.

This is not normal, it's harassment.

I can assure you, when you've ordered a watch, the TD's fall into a deep depression, knowing what's coming in the following weeks.

I once had somebody commission a watch, it took him about 80 PMs to do it. Towards the end I just wanted to kill him.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16

I can assure you, when you've ordered a watch, the TD's fall into a deep depression, knowing what's coming in the following weeks.

I once had somebody commission a watch, it took him about 80 PMs to do it. Towards the end I just wanted to kill him.

Lol.

80 PMs does sound excessive. But so do 50 emails before shipping. There is not much point in writing "Any updates" all the time. Just order and wait. Your watch will come after you approve the QC. Asking for updates will most likely not speed up the process. Of course if you don't get QC pics and don't hear anything after a week or two after paying asking for an update would be fine. But 50 emails before shipping sounds a bit crazy.

Reactions: Tompa

Jammydodger79

15/10/18
Jesus Christ!

50 emails, be it even including replies is borderline harassment.
That level of contact is excessive IMHO.

I have an order in at the moment that is waiting on a watch to be sourced.
It could be a little while yet before the watch is sourced.
But I ordered the watch at the start of August as part of a 2 watch order.

1 watch was sourced and QC available within 48hrs.
The second watch I knew was going to be tricky to source, dealer asked me to wait 10days for QC.

10 days later, no QC as watch still not sourced.
I sent Dealer an email, they confirmed still waiting on watch to come from factory.

In total email wise.
I am at @3 emails sent and 4 received, and that's with an order placed @4weeks ago.

As long as your dealer is upfront about any delay or issue, there is no need to hammer them with emails.

Reactions: Tompa

RollieFingerz

Former Supporter/Patron and now NO SALED for profi
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/7/19
It depends on which TD. I generally send a lot more messages via WhatsApp (20-30) than with email (5-10)

kolincio

21/5/18

I'm very glad I made this thread

Your answer really hit home.

I'll go into a long deep slumber when it comes to ordering reps and will force myself to use 10 emails or less next time (I'd like to say 5 or less but I need to make a SMART goal here).

Thanks for your help, even though it wasn't hard to swallow.

5t3f4n

WTB Slevin/Ploprof
21/9/17
Ita - Eu
From my side 10 is the average.....and 3-4 out of 10 are about asking Sead the track number :)

50 looks extremely too much

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Lol, great thread.

I send an email asking for availability and price - 1
Get a reply with the price - 2
Get a reply saying money received, QC will follow - 3
QC arrives - 4
I approve - 5
I abuse TD for enabling my addiction - 6
TD offers me handbags for my wife (I ignore) - 7
TD sends tracking - 8

So yeah, eight ish in total.

Maybe part of your problem is the wrong TD. If I was using Lucy for example, by the sound of it I'd have to send 1000 emails over several months to get a watch.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I see some of you are cheating and including replies in your count.

I think the OP was saying then he sends 50 emails on average when ordering a watch (I may be wrong).

When I said that it took a guy 80 PMs to commission a watch, I mean he sent me 80 PMs, with my replies the total was well over 140 PMs in the convo.

Reactions: Jammydodger79

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Maybe part of your problem is the wrong TD. If I was using Lucy for example, by the sound of it I'd have to send 1000 emails over several months to get a watch.

True on this, lmao to everything else.

Idk, Lucy always has the reputation of having the best QC, but honestly, I ordered 3 times from her already and had to chase her down to receive my watch since there is absolutely no communication from her side whatsoever.

One of the 3 watches I ordered had a tilted marker, I received the QC for this watch after 3 months. I just approved since I didnt want to wait another 3 months. Been ordering from puretime ever since, I just do my own QC now and have my watches 3 weeks from ordering to receiving them.

Last edited:

kolincio

21/5/18
I see some of you are cheating and including replies in your count.

I think the OP was saying then he sends 50 emails on average when ordering a watch (I may be wrong).

When I said that it took a guy 80 PMs to commission a watch, I mean he sent me 80 PMs, with my replies the total was well over 140 PMs in the convo.

I've clearly said I'm counting replies, so not as bad as it would be otherwise, but I get that it's still bad.