• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Be very wary when using CCs for checkout

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
Hey all,

This is just a heads up, most of you know it but I'd like to bring the point across even more people. Please exercise caution when using CCs when buying reps.

I placed an order with a TD late October 18. I had created a virtual card which after use becomes deactivated - just for the extra piece of mind. Over the course of April, May and June 19 (over 5 months later) the card was trying to be used by the CC stealers for multiple transactions, all of low value. This indicates that they were trying to see if the card was still active with funds available, trying to go unnoticed by the CC holder due to the small amounts. Check also the times they tried charging the card, late at night when the card owner would be asleep this giving more leeway for their CC scam to succeed. Here are screenshots:

This is no way the fault of the TD, but rather the sleazy payment gateway merchants. Please be careful. My point is even though you placed an order recently or maybe not even so, they might just be waiting for the moment to process transactions off your card.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
I have brought this to everyones attention multiple times over the past many years, nobody seems to care. Even if it's something that should be made sticky by mods imo.

Reactions: wubsub

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I have brought this to everyones attention multiple times over the past many years, nobody seems to care. Even if it's something that should be made sticky by mods imo.

make a new post about it , and tag me , ill sticky it

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
make a new post about it , and tag me , ill sticky it

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...88#post7323888

This is one post I again made from last year, also a lot before that - many of which I'm sure were definitely seen by mods at the time. If this is something RWI really wants to provide some warning about then by all means.

Of course people should do their own due diligence in any online shopping, specially for something illegal like this.. If it should be a sticky i dunno.. maybe I guess. I think everyone that purchases stuff online should do so with precaution, specially illegal items from china :)

Last edited:

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
make a NEW post , or would you like me to try to move that ?

I could make one some time next week if you want, it will take a little time to do a proper write-up. Will tag you in it then! Cheers Raddave, nice to see some action on this subject!

Troklo

23/12/15
^^^Please do I think this is super important information

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I could make one some time next week if you want, it will take a little time to do a proper write-up. Will tag you in it then! Cheers Raddave, nice to see some action on this subject!

Yep that will be fine dude , thanks !

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Good post. Definitely avoid CC!! Not every bank has the virtual card feature, but it is not for that reason. CC fees would end up more than, say, BC