• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sales Thread architecture

Vonn

15/11/16
Hey guys!
I have an idea and found nowhere to post it so I’m trying here:
In the sales part, if one wants to look up parts for sale, there are tons of Rolex threads to click away if one is looking for something else. Kinda annoying tbh.
I thought of a quick solution: how about making a sub-sales thread for Rolex parts only? This would make searching for the “other stuff” a lot easier as there wouldn’t be 4 pages of Rolex-related stuff to click through before finding what you are looking for. Compared to the used watch thread that is totally mixed brand-wise, currently roughly 90% of the parts sales are Rolex related so this would be a perfect workaround to have a separate place for any other brand. And I feel like it isn’t only me who would be happy about this.
Thanks for considering!
Best Regards,
Vonn

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Without going into the hassle of a sub forum, people could label their thread like this : [ROLEX PARTS] that would allow the use of the search function to find them quickly

Reactions: gilrob

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I agree on using the search function, by entering Rolex it eliminates most other unrelated brands.

Vonn

15/11/16
I appreciate your input, and from the view o someone looking for Rolex parts this would be a great solution.
Point is: As somebody NOT looking for these parts it is a PITA to click through at least four pages of Rolex stuff as these threads get updated constantly and then finding the other stuff hidden somewhere in between or on page 8 although it was put up for sale the same day.
A sub-forum would make it easier for the Rolex people to have their stuff in one sub only and everything else that pops up from time to time shares a sub forum.
There would be no point in this for watch sales as these are very well mixed, but parts sales are really dominated by Rolex parts.
Alas: I don’t have a single clue about the technical stuff the admin would need to go through to realize this. So a disclaimer like Glaude proposed would be a good workaround for the meanwhile.