• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone else experiencing delayed parcel force delivery

Stephen Owen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/4/19
I had a pam 111 from puretime land in the UK on the 28th of May 2019 and cleared customs. Its sat at the Coventry International sorting office since then with no update on the tracking. I have phoned three times and I get the same response, we will check and update you, but I don't get any replies. I am have dropped puretime an email to see if they can find anything out. I also ordered a crocodile skin strap, you don't thing it could be that?

Str1xt

Renowned Member
26/2/19
Sometimes updating the system does take a while. I had one that was sat at a hub for four days including the bank holiday. It still has to get to your local depot, then out for delivery.They know they have the package and its not lost ,so until it says out for delivery, put the kettle on and relax my friend.

N

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I also got notified a month or so back that a package had been "sent to Coventry". Then it went completely silent with no updates. It's the only time I've got worried/upset that my precious rep had been seized and was going to the crusher! But after about 5 working days I got a letter asking me to pay duty (about £25 including their "handling charge") and the package arrived a couple of days after I paid up.

Stephen Owen

30/4/19
Thanks for the replies. I have received alsorts from China before, bike frames, wheels to mention a few. This is alien to me though, usually if you've got to pay anything you've had a notice within a week. This has been eleven days. I hope its not gone to the crusher ????what do they state are in the packages?

DrDealgood

Supporter
4/9/17
Same for me and some other mates here and at repgeek !

All the same date, 28.05.2019, arrived in the UK at parcelforce international Hub in Coventry.

Parcels are still in the Hub and nothing moved on.

I informed my TD, got answer that he will investigate whats going on.
Its concerns not only purtime delivery, my parcel are from perfectclones (Not TD at RWI)

Stephen Owen

30/4/19
That's very interesting, I am get the vibes from the operators at parcelforce, who I have spoken too this week, that they are aware of an issue, but cannot communicate it. Fingers crossed ???? it's just a back log from the close bank holidays. Thanks for the info, it reassures me that our parcels are just sat in the hub at Coventry.

Stephen Owen

30/4/19
To be honest, if I was a betting man (which I am not ????) I would say that EMS haven't settled their end of the month bill with Parcelforce. They cannot have a quip pro quo arrangement, because Parcelforce must receive the higher volume of parcel traffic than EMS and there would be a fiscal loss implication for Parcelforce. Its probably a credit block on the system or they've misplaced a couple of flight transport containers ????

Faj

10/3/19
I chime in too.

It’s very unnerving - to track the order again and again without any progress.

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
I've experienced similar as well for packages sent to CONUS; some will sit in a hub waiting for it to be processed by customs before leaving the origin county, or, if it leaves the country, it'll sit in the receiving country's hub waiting to be processed. On the other hand I've also had packages breeze right through as if the timing was right for everything.

There have been instances of intra-country packages getting the run-around; I had an in country package take over two weeks when it normally would've taken three days at most. Package was sent to a location 400 miles from here but literally went on a trip around the United States, from San Francisco,California to Oregon to Washington to Texas to Chicago to Florida to New York back to Florida then back to California before making it's way to Los Angeles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Faj

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Be patient as this has become normal uk slow service. It can sit at the international hub for up to a fortnight before being processed through the national hub and then sent onto you. Customs are under staffed and have mountains of imported goods to deal with. Just imagine how bad this will get after we leave the EU!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Faj

10/3/19
„just imagine how bad this will get after we leave the EU!!!!“

That’s exactly the reason, why I am in a buying hysteria at the moment.
Thanks for calming me.

Puretime just wrote me to be patient, as the forwarders even didnt got a notice from cust@ms.

Last edited:

Chrissi

Looking Around
11/5/19
Same happend with me. Parcel was dispatched on the 24.05., arrived in the UK on the 28.05 at 16.56 and was released from the UK Customs just 4 minutes later. Since then I have not received any further information. TD just told me he will give me the new track ID after reception ny royal mail (triangle shipping via UK). Should I be concerned or just stay relaxed?

Stephen Owen

30/4/19
I have spoken to PF today once again and they asked me what was inside the parcel. I asked why, they said because they may need to open it because its probably lost in the hub!!!!! They are claiming there were no labels on a shipment from China. All sounds a little suspect to me. They don't know we are talking to one another, so probably there has been some failure at the hub and they've got parcels they cannot identify. I have been promised a call back tomorrow, so when I find out, I will let you all know.
Where do I stand with Puretime, do they make a claim and send me a replacment Pam 111 and crocodile strap?

Faj

10/3/19
I think you should not phone parcel force yourself and talk stupid things.

contact TD and let them handle it.

they are more experienced about the situation.

Reactions: rj999

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
I think you should not phone parcel force yourself and talk stupid things.

contact TD and let them handle it.

they are more experienced about the situation.

Agreed. Stop talking to parcelforce, twit.

DrDealgood

Supporter
4/9/17
And what does puretime say what you have to answer, if parcelforce ask whats "IN" the parcel ?

Reactions: Faj

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
They won't ask that. Otherwise just tell them it's a replica watch.

I've given up trusting tracking info from China more or less. I just wait. Periodically I check if the parcel is in my country. Stuck in customs messages don't upset me anymore. It just means it's gonna be with me soon. Except one time when I got a letter from a law firm telling me they had seized a fake watch and asked for my permission to destruct it. I just said whatever, I don't know anything about that. The TD sent a replacement.

newonboard

Omega&IWC
Supporter
Certified
5/5/19
EU
puretime The same story. Shipped on 24.05, from the 28 international hub. The second package was sent on 05.06 and has already passed the custom clarence and is on its way. i call my TD, maybe he know something. So Angus, what's going on?

EDIT: I am after a conversation with PTW. He asks for patience, he ordered to examine the whole situation. The matter is strange because the packages only stopped on May 28. If I know something more, I will write immediately.

Last edited:

Pippo9

17/11/16
I've had similar issues on two shipments to the UK recently - from separate TDs and neither of them are Puretime. I'm not sure quite what is going on, but both have now been stuck on "Departed from Export Office" in China for over a week. Normally they seem to pass through pretty quickly to the UK, but these ones are frozen without any update and seem to have left China, but not been recorded as arriving in the UK.

Not spoken to either TD about it yet and will give it until next week, but really interested to hear if anyone on here can shed any more light on what is going on?

In the past my EMS packages (via Parcelforce) have been delivered within 5 days of being posted!