• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch Repair tim

Grjones

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/18
puretime late last year, I bought a ARF SUB , it arrived all good and I wrote a comprehensive review on the sale process. However as soon as I got it I emailed PT as I wasn’t sure about the crown, it felt really cheap and didn’t feel too clever. A month or so later the crown stopped working, it wouldn’t wind the time, date and would pull straight out of the watch. I contacted PT and arranged the return. It arrived in China in good time and they are arranging the repair, but it’s taking some time. I know I need to be patient, but it’s been almost 6 weeks now and they haven't had it back from the factory yet. I have a couple of questions:

Does anyone know if it is common for the crown to pull completely out the watch? Was it an easy repair to either do myself or take to a watch shop that deals in replicas?

Had this happened to anyone else? Anyone been in a similar situation?

I miss the watch so much and I want to order a hulk from PT to go with the black sub but am very hesitant until I get some satisfactory response from them. They have been responsive, but I just want the watch back fully functional.

innocenti

Renowned Member
16/8/16
I can't advise reference the technical issue however I can report that when I bought my first rep a couple of years back it was DOA. New to the scene and unaware of a watch smith willing to work on reps I sent it back to Puretime who in turn sent it back to the factory. Took a while but returned in full working order and has run like a trooper ever since.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Looks like keyless works...if you dont have experience I would leave it to a watch tinkerer.....

Gfpatt

Trusted Dealer
15/12/18
A crown pulling right out has something to do with the escapement in the movement. That is if the stem came out with it. It is not locking and could have been cut too short when they made. Depending on what movement you received with the watch, they should just replace the stem or the whole movement if the escapement is screwed up.

Gfpatt

Trusted Dealer
15/12/18
Sorry it is the keyless works, not the escapement.

Gfpatt

Trusted Dealer
15/12/18
Hope it works out for you!! Good luck.