• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Datejust 41 vs ARF Submariner

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
Hello RWI,
I hope everyone had a nice easter.
I have bought two watches and are considering selling one of them. It is an ARF Submariner A2824-2 and ARF Datejust41 A2814-2. Which of these watches do you think looks most gen and which of these have the most obvious flaws, judging from the pictures? If you were in my position, which watch would you keep and why? Personally, I like the watch that looks more dressy.

I am very happy with both watches, but unfortunately I am not an expert. I hope therefore someone in here can give me answers to this :)

VnAktd.jpg

VnBMYs.jpg

VnA29Z.jpg

VnAfAQ.jpg

VnBpET.jpg

VnBbTA.jpg

VnB1UQ.jpg

VnBJ4f.jpg

VnBUGX.jpg

VnBnKp.jpg

Last edited:

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
DJ for suit & tie and sub for everything else...
But 27 years in business, I have met many executives wearing subs.
Personally, I think it pairs well with any style and appropriate for any occasion.

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
DJ for suit & tie and sub for everything else...
But 27 years in business, I have met many executives wearing subs.
Personally, I think it pairs well with any style and appropriate for any occasion.

Do you have any opinion if the DJ has any major flaws?

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
According to what ive read, the datejust doesnt have a perfect case, lugs and the datewheel is too bold. Also it doesnt have a 3135 movement, which affect the gen like way of setting the time.

THE ARF SUB, has boxy lugs according to many members and the datewheel isnt good. since it is a 2824 movement, the crown height is different from genuine, also the dial doesnt have rounded markers like gen.

I own the ARF sub and personally, what bothers me the most is the date and xtal. other than that since im not an expert im not bothered by the boxy lugs (I dont notice them) and im ocd lol. my watch came with a misaligned clasp and that bothers me aswell. Even with all its faults its my favorite watch. i reccomend you to keep the one that you incline to in using most. the one you clean more and have a special feeling.

edit: almost forgot, the feel of the sub is amazing, everytihing is nice and tight.

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
According to what ive read, the datejust doesnt have a perfect case, lugs and the datewheel is too bold. Also it doesnt have a 3135 movement, which affect the gen like way of setting the time.

THE ARF SUB, has boxy lugs according to many members and the datewheel isnt good. since it is a 2824 movement, the crown height is different from genuine, also the dial doesnt have rounded markers like gen.

I own the ARF sub and personally, what bothers me the most is the date and xtal. other than that since im not an expert im not bothered by the boxy lugs (I dont notice them) and im ocd lol. my watch came with a misaligned clasp and that bothers me aswell. Even with all its faults its my favorite watch. i reccomend you to keep the one that you incline to in using most. the one you clean more and have a special feeling.

edit: almost forgot, the feel of the sub is amazing, everytihing is nice and tight.

Thanks for a good feedback! I also don't notice the case etc. But yeah, the date wheel is something I notice. The 2824 movement has the same way of setting the time, as the watch are supposed to come with the 3235 movement if I'm not wrong. I'm considering on keeping the DJ41, but I really wish I had the jubilee bracelet for it...

optical

Renowned Member
31/1/10
Both fantastic pieces, I'm going to be ordering the DJ41 soon myself with jubilee. The time setting is correct as per gen with the dj41. In regards to the flaws, these are both high quality reps, dont get hung up on minor flaws the only a handful of people here notice, just select the watch that you love wearing more and go with that.

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
yep, my next purchase is going to be a blue dial datejust 41. hoping to buy the oyster bracelet version, because they say the jubille doesnt have good sels.

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
yep, my next purchase is going to be a blue dial datejust 41. hoping to buy the oyster bracelet version, because they say the jubille doesnt have good sels.

Really? I was hoping to source a jubilee bracelet :/