• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The two or three reps on your must buy list...

Wrestleantares

Known Member
19/9/18
Probably most people on here have a list of reps they are interested in and check the TD's often looking at new models and lusting after those they have yet to obtain.

I personally have seen many "flash in the pan" reps on TD sites. You know, the ones that just catch your eye because of style or movement but when you think about it and ask yourself if you'd really wear it you decide to pass. For me those have been the Franck Muller Crazy Hours and the Konstantin Chaykin Joker.

On the flip side their are those models you keep coming back to and are on your definite, or must buy, list. I have three:

A blue Tudor Pelagos - One of my favorite watches. If I were to buy today it would be the V6F v4.

A 114060 Black Ceramic No-Date Submariner. If I were to buy today it would be the JF with the SH3130 v2j

A 2018 Omega Seamaster Diver - Blue Ceramic Gray Dial. If I were to buy today it would be the OMF

So what are the two to three top reps that are on your must buy list, and what model would you buy if you were buying today.

Patsanchik

MULTI ACCOUNT
27/6/18
Canada
IWC Big Pilot bronze from ZF

IWC Portuguese chrono... on the fence about ZF or YLF... maybe if I wait long enough, an improved version will come out.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Have them all three already, they were :

- Breitling Navitimer A23322 All white face (BP)
- Patek Philippe 5711/1A-010 (blue dial) (I have the MK v5)
- Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso (I have the auto model)

IWC Portuguese chrono... on the fence about ZF or YLF... maybe if I wait long enough, an improved version will come out.

What do you think could be improved on the current ZF for example ? I'm very curious, as I have the 3714-46 and I've done an in-depth review of it, can't see any difference with the gen

Patsanchik

MULTI ACCOUNT
27/6/18
Canada
What do you think could be improved on the current ZF for example ? I'm very curious, as I have the 3714-46 and I've done an in-depth review of it, can't see any difference with the gen

Granted, it's pretty fantastic. The things that bother me might make you roll your eyes. I wish the ZF sub-dials had less sheen. I love the look of the YLF sub-dials, but the incorrectly shaped numeral 6 drives me batty. I'm pleased that YL seems to have finally corrected the shape of their 3, but it's likely only on the latest one or two colour ways.

On the ZF, I'm also irritated by how the edges of the holes for the bezel screws often show past the edge of the case back.

Joncjm21

Known Member
1/1/19
My top three are the Arf sub 116610 LV hulk... Have it

Next is my BK noob v9 Batman With Prof black hole Crystal

My next get is the Blue Tudor Pelagos v6f v4... This is on its way from Lucy

The one I kept coming back to was the Tudor Heritage Black Bay Shield...I looked at this watch for a month and bought my first genuine....I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I wish the ZF sub-dials had less sheen

Well, you don't want it to be like gen? Because I had both in front of each other, and they are a perfect match

On the ZF, I'm also irritated by how the edges of the holes for the bezel screws often show past the edge of the case back.

I don't see that on mine.
You have to lower your expectation in regards to all of this, mistakes and manufacturing errors happen all the time on gen, check the IWC forum to see how many people have far worse issues with their gen than that.
And even Patek isn't issue free.
When you start expecting better quality out of a replica than from the gen, you need to rethink the replica game a little, otherwise you're in for a constant disappointment.

Check my review of this IWC : https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/...graph-3714-46/

The risk you are taking is that, you wait too long and you can't get the YLF or the ZF because they are not produced anymore. In the unlikely event that a "improved" version is released, you could flip a ZF or YLF in M2M in a instant :)

Reactions: Nivka

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Nautilus blue: no great rep available yet. I’ve had the BP v1 and have the PF, but they’re not there yet. I’m still waiting for the clone movement before I pour a tonne of money into a build

16613lb. Don’t want to spend $4k on a franken

1680. Waiting for the right custom build to pop up on m2m

18238. Waiting for a tw best to pop up on m2m