• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

An easier way to search for Chinese homages or replicas

r4zv

Horology Curious
13/3/19
Hello!

I got frustrated with the lack of filters for rating and case diameter (I have thin wrists and most Chinese watches are huge) on Aliexpress, so I built this simple search tool:
https://www.homagefinder.com/search.php

I also keep a track of homages, and this is my database so far:
https://www.homagefinder.com/listallhomages.php
There's a form you can use to suggest which watch a certain watch homages. That way, it will be easier to find it later on, and you'd also be helping other people.

Please let me know if you find my site useful and if there are any features you'd like to see on it.

zinduna

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
Nice post and database. Good luck with your quest!

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Grat post and usefull database ... CONGRATS :thanks:

Matty369

Supporter
Certified
24/8/16
EU
Really nice idea and well executed ! :)
I was wondering about Junghans Max Bill homage - I don't mind quartz (it's even better) but they state that watch has sapphire crystal.
I would like to know following:
1. Is it possible that for that price they've put sapphire crystal, especially since GEN has plexi ?
2. If it is sapphire, is it convexed (domed) like GEN, or just plain flat ? Can't tell from the pictures. If it's flat then that takes away half of the charm of GEN watch. If it's indeed domed then it's great.
EDIT: They do mention something "3D" with crystal but rest is on chinese.

r4zv

Horology Curious
13/3/19
Thanks!

I just finished extracting new data from Aliexpress, so everything will be up do date. This time, I also extracted watches with less than 10 reviews, but I added a filter for the minimum number of reviews in the search form.

Also, thanks to your kind suggestions, you'll now find a larger list of homages.

Matty: All I can tell you is that I've seen sapphire crystals on even cheaper watches.

curak

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/2/14
Very good, didnt even know that i was searching for this, but this is it!

r4zv

Horology Curious
13/3/19
Would you guys find it useful if my site also included the watches on Amazon.com?
I'm thinking it might be nice to have all the mainstream and Chinese brands in the same place.

Anyad

Horology Curious
26/5/19
Superb thanks for sharing

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

r4zv

Horology Curious
13/3/19
Thanks! I'm glad you like it. :)

My last post was probably unclear, so I'll ask that question differently: If I were to scrape new products to add to my website, would you prefer those products to come from DHgate.com or Amazon.com ?

MoD2Franken

Renowned Member
Certified
27/1/11
Germany
Hello!

I got frustrated with the lack of filters for rating and case diameter (I have thin wrists and most Chinese watches are huge) on Aliexpress, so I built this simple search tool:
https://www.homagefinder.com/search.php

I also keep a track of homages, and this is my database so far:
https://www.homagefinder.com/listallhomages.php
There's a form you can use to suggest which watch a certain watch homages. That way, it will be easier to find it later on, and you'd also be helping other people.

Please let me know if you find my site useful and if there are any features you'd like to see on it.

Great job - Many thanks for sharing

Replica - Passion

r4zv

Horology Curious
13/3/19
You're welcome!

I added a lot more products to the site, and a lot more homages in its database.

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
Nice work. You can check out Heimdallr.watch site to add a few more to your database. They make a few different homages as well. I've owned the Seiko MM300 homage and it was a very well built and reliable watch.

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
Excellent job!!!! Thanks for all the effort and sharing with us.

r4zv

Horology Curious
13/3/19
You can now also filter the watches by color.

When there are multiple versions of a certain product, my script checks if the seller mentioned any colors in their descriptions, which they don't always do. However, I think this should be useful.