• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Please help me chose best rep

Bitola

Horology Curious
1/2/19
Australia
Mate this question is asked ad infinitum, dozens of times a week what is why everyone gets a little tired of answering it when with a bit of reading the answer is there.
Even the worst of them is 98% correct to the gen, for a first rep any of them will be more than satisfactory to you. SAking this lot "who has the best sub?" will result in two things:

1/ A reply of "do some reading"

and

2/ An endless argument as none are perfect and certain flaws stand out to different folk.

Any will be fool even a gen owner at first glance unless he's a watch idiot savant in which case none will fool him. At any rate if you are buying a rep to impress others yo are buying for the wrong reason, this is a hobby to us, we but for our pleasure not to make others think we have a higher station in life than we actually do. There are folk on here who could buy the company you work for (in most cases) out of petty cash, status and the impressing of others is not what we are about.

Thank you very much for your answer. I am not looking to buy replica to impress anybody. I wanted to buy the replica for my self. I love collecting watches and this would be my first replica.
It is only natural to try and buy the best you can with the money you are welling to spend. That was the only reason why i have asked the question

Stribbo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/9/18
I have a V9 Hulk and an ARF LN and I am much happy with the V9 Hulk. The ARF has some movement when you press down on the bezel, but most annoyingly the date wheel moved during transit and although Repsource (who I bought watch from) got it repaired it is still not central. I intend to get the date wheel fixed at some point and then it will be a much closer call.

Although this is my experience, I’m sure you will have many members who will have similar issues but the other way round.

Bitola

Horology Curious
1/2/19
Australia
Thank you very much for your answer Stribbo. It looks like there is no definite answer as you said some people are saying ARF and some are saying Noob. It seems the solution to my dilemma is to buy both ARF and Noob :)

fuzzmex

2/9/17
All the info here - not to mention the plethora of acronyms - is overwhelming indeed at first.
So naturally anyone's first instinct is to just pop the question that brought them to this forum in the first place.
Problem is that most newcomers follow that instinct immediately, understandably leading to exasperation among the more seasoned members here.

I found it fun and rewarding to gather info, read threads, watch pics, discover replica sites, discover watches I had never heard of and building up knowledge and taste.
It took me until very recently to buy my first replica, having browsed this site on and off for about two years.
Not necessarily the "best replica" that no one could distinguish from gen, but simply one of the watches I liked best.
That's what this site is about, I guess and when you show some effort, people here are very friendly and helpful indeed, I found.

So don't be put off or intimidated by the reactions here, but view them as an encouragement to learn more about the subject you obviously have taken interest in.

Reactions: GMT1675

Bitola

Horology Curious
1/2/19
Australia
fuzzmex Thank you for your advice what you said above makes total sense and as for intimidation, I do not get intimidated very easily. I have done my research I will buy the ARF replica for my submariner and I will also buy 126600 noob V2 [h=1][/h]

Bitola

Horology Curious
1/2/19
Australia
Hey everybody, Yesterday I have received my watch. I ended up purchasing 126600 instead of a submariner. I love my new watch thank you very much for your help