Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

What rep would you wear to an interview?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the chance the interviewer is also a rep aficionado and can readily spot the fake Rolex/Omega/TAG/PP/IWC from across the table?
    Like many others, I am seeking a decent TC16610

Comment

I'd wear either my franken Omega Seamaster 2531.80(Bond) or franken Rolex GMT-Master 16750. Old enough to pull off, yet modern enough to blend in.

If I didn't feel like strutting my stuff, then it'd be a simple Seiko Prospex Scuba.

Comment

Unless you are wearing something that is blingy and screams look at me, they won't notice or give a crap. I personally would wear one of my tudor reps, or one of my gen vintage hamiltons or gruen. The tudors no one but a watch person would know what it was and the vintages are so simple, understated and elegant. Only thing I would avoid is a rep rolex. Hardly any other brand is recognized by the masses.

Comment

I would wear my apple watch

Sent from my iPhone using RWI
          https://secure-ds.serving-sys.com/Bu...tch/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Pickledbeetroot View Post
            I doubt they’d notice or care, as long as you can still take orders at the drive through window/add salt to fries, I cant see Ronald McDonald getting his pants in a twist about your fake James Lebron.
            Need some aloe for that burn?

Comment

Working for my family, I have to wear my cheaper watches. My late grandfather had a gen 118208 Day Date, which he would never wear to the shop. Strictly Seiko/Citizen at the warehouse and office. Rolex outside of work.

Comment

Wear the watch that says, I really need this job! Modesty until you are banging the boss' daughter.

Comment

I think if you are passionate about watches you can wear what you want. I wore a gen vintage Sub to my last interview and got the job. But I’ve been obsessed with watches since I was a child and have an Archie Luxury-sized problem.

Non-watch people won’t notice it anyway unless you wear a Day-Date. I think I’d be mindful of the size, because if you are wearing a suit, you probably don’t want to wear anything bigger than a 5 digit Sub. I’d probably advise against gold (you could get away with a JLC or a Cartier tank in gold or rose gold if it fits your personality). I’d never wear a ceramic Sub or Breitling or PAM to an interview.

As someone who has been a hiring manager in the past, people like passion, and people like someone who is interesting (and even a bit eccentric). Honestly, by the time a hiring committee has to deal with 6 people in one day, the candidates start to blur together. So that rose gold Reverso could be something that sticks in their minds to identify you. “Oh yeah that one guy, dude with the nice watch, he seemed pretty cool.” That may be far-fetched but it’s possible. I’m all for modesty in the right circumstances, but I like to come in as someone who is looking for the right fit, not someone who is desperate for a gig. If you don’t have the power of confidence to come in dressed exquisitely (even if it’s your only nice outfit) then maybe err on the side of caution. A suit is already an abnormally formal thing for someone to wear, so there’s no reason to hide a high end watch if it’s tasteful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Last edited by Zack Morris; 17-01-19, 05:46.

Comment

I have read that people are more likely to upgrade to supersize meals at mcMcDonald's if you wear your Lebron at the desk. It is all about the looks. If you want a link to the study, send me a pm.

I would not care if I had more expensive watch at job interview than the boss, if it is problem for him/her, the place is not for me anyway. I am a CEO and could not care less if the sales guys are driving more expensive cars then mine, wearing nice watches, earning 2x what I earn, just bring the fuc*ing money in! Finding a good sales guy seem to be the hardest part in this equation, not the watch you wear...

Comment

Originally posted by DaleM View Post
                      Wear the watch that says, I really need this job! Modesty until you are banging the boss' daughter.
                      *Daughter and wife.

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Yellow gold Daytona - green dial.

Comment

I would consider wearing a Daytona, or a PP Calatrava.

Now, my perspective is from a guy who has never even worn a watch during his entire adulthood. However, for the past say 1-2 years, I am a wearer, how that happened is attributable to the apple watch and this forum, and is a subject matter of a different discussion.

As a general perception, would a Daytona be much more low key than a Sub, or whatever else model Rolex produces with the round lumed hour markers, amongst watch enthusiasts?

Comment

I'd prob wear my AP and doubt that any interviewer would notice, and if they did, I'd use it as a talking point and might even reveal that it's a rep

Comment

I would wear an iced out yellow gold day date with mop dial. Tell the boss, fk u I'm the boss, and wipe his tears with an ARF 114300.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Frosted patek philippe nautilus.

Comment

Working...
                                X