• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to polish tiny pieces?

jaygatsby

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/12/18
Hello all,

I recently picked up this beauty and I am in the process of restoring it. As per the gen, I have been trying to polish the tiny metal dots within the bezel and I’ve had no luck. I’ve tried a q-tip dipped in brasso, and a pin with cloth wrapped around.

Thanks!

d14af7bc74e5593c910314ebf1ee87a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Method 1:
1. Protect the surrounding area.
2. Buy sandpaper #3000 and #5000, preferably with adhesive at the back of each sandpaper.
3. cut sandpaper into small pieces.
4. stick it to the foible of a sharp screwdriver or anyting similar you can find at hand. cover the surroundings of the foible.
5. put on, swipe up and down fast. Do not rotate.
6. repeat at least 30 minutes on each dot.
7. finish with #5000 in the same way (optional).

Method 2:
give it to a jeweler and prepare to pay generously.

jaygatsby

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/12/18
Method 1:
1. Protect the surrounding area.
2. Buy sandpaper #3000 and #5000, preferably with adhesive at the back of each sandpaper.
3. cut sandpaper into small pieces.
4. stick it to the foible of a sharp screwdriver or anyting similar you can find at hand. cover the surroundings of the foible.
5. put on, swipe up and down fast. Do not rotate.
6. repeat at least 30 minutes on each dot.
7. finish with #5000 in the same way (optional).

Method 2:
give it to a jeweler and prepare to pay generously.

Thank you for this! I've certainly got my work cut out today. Would painters tape be adequate for protecting the surrounding area? I was thinking of drilling a stencil through a sheet of metal.