• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which one is the better Replica?

mottykytu

4/6/13
I'm consider between those 2 REP to buy for the First Rep Ever after read a list of SUPER REP NWBIG LIST HERE (THANK THE LIST OWNER)

Hi Guys Can you help me to decide: Which are The better REP with Less Flaws and Point to tell compare to GEN?
1/ Super Rep : Jaeger-LeCoultre Diver Master Compressor Noob
74f5c4b2b9ced80c13d788c74673756d.jpg

2/ Likely Super Rep: Vacheron Constantin Oversea JJF 1:1 Mitoya 9015 ( I do not know if it is consider Super Rep or not??? can some one give advice)
6-1.jpg

Personally which one you will choose to buy for FIRST AND ONLY REP ?

P/S: I also consider 114300 Rolex JF Grey Dial but do not know if it is to low key in the flesh, and will it worth for one and only REP to keep?

Thank you

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Stupid question.

Buy the one you like, and stop worrying about which one will have everybody on the bus pointing and laughing at you.

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
I'd say it depends on what you're looking for.

The JLC is more low key, tacticool looking especially if you get it on the rubber coated bracelet. The VC is definitely flashier and arguably a bit more classy.

Miyota 9015 is a great workhorse movement, but can be noisy. 2824 isn't bad, but it's luck of the draw on the QC put into it.

mottykytu

4/6/13
Stupid question.

Buy the one you like, and stop worrying about which one will have everybody on the bus pointing and laughing at you.

Saying some one stupid just because they are not well-informed as you is not a things gentleman or Real Men do. No matter who you are !

If it is a REAL - GEN Watch, I do not have to ask you guys and just choose the one I Like MOST !

But the problem is that It is a REP, and diferent REP have different Level of Similarity compare to GEN. Therefore my question is which one have LESS FLAWS, not what should I choose my Friend ;) !

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

Luxuracer

Renowned Member
Saying some one stupid just because they are not well-informed as you is not a things gentleman or Real Men do. No matter who you are!

Where is it in my comment that remotely called you STUPID?
Is your self-esteem so low that you automatically assume people think you're stupid?

All I meant was ... when you get into rep, you will never buy one and only one rep.
:picard2:

mottykytu

4/6/13
Where is it in my comment that remotely called you STUPID?
Is your self-esteem so low that you automatically assume people think you're stupid?

All I meant was ... when you get into rep, you will never buy one and only one rep.
:picard2:

Wrong quote, not you sorry,I mentioned the tripdog guys who comment just below you... lol ;) ! !

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Hold on a sec.....
you joined in 2013 over 5yrs ago and you are just now getting around to buying your 1st rep. How is this even possible?

Neither one is a popular watch that would be recognized so don't worry about it and pick what you like.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
The one you like, neither is going to be noticed by anyone and who cares what others think?
In the case of the VC you need to remember the gen is a $15,000 dollar watch so if someone does know what it is can you pull that off?

Reactions: Tigerdragon

mottykytu

4/6/13
The one you like, neither is going to be noticed by anyone and who cares what others think?
In the case of the VC you need to remember the gen is a $15,000 dollar watch so if someone does know what it is can you pull that off?

Fortunately the Price of GEN VC in USED market is obviously a bargain, if not a STEAL ! compare to MSRP of 15.000 USD ! ( I don't know why, may be VC not as demand as Patek - AP)

That's why for me when talking about Replica, VC is a solid choice compare to 2 other High-end brand like Patek and AP... Which people who know me obviously understand I cannot afford. But for a USED gen VC with market price, YES I CAN !

MrOptional

8/10/18
I'd recommend AP. Check out 15400 stainless steel black dial. It's classy, IMHO looks better than any of the two watches that you have up there. It's almost super rep I would say. The only reason it's not up there with the super reps probably is because of the open case back.

Reactions: Tigerdragon

mottykytu

4/6/13
I'd recommend AP. Check out 15400 stainless steel black dial. It's classy, IMHO looks better than any of the two watches that you have up there. It's almost super rep I would say. The only reason it's not up there with the super reps probably is because of the open case back.

Thank you very much for your advice !
But the open case back is really the main point I did not choose AP or Patek for Replica !
Since for me obviously someone who know watch may borrow the watch from me too look at, and I do not want to have a SO CLEARY REPLICA tell. People who have some knowloedge about watch can hardly judge the Dial or case finishing, but can easily judge the decoration of the Movement ( With many Gen Photo on Google) !

MrOptional

8/10/18
Yeah, that's true about the case back. Anyone really in the know might be able to tell judging by the mechanism as seen from the back. But AP's are generally better than Patek in terms of replica because Patek is just so hard to get exact. You won't find any Patek super rep ever. So unless you planning to take the watch of 15400 is great, but I see and agree with your concern.

I can also recommend 15706 XF v2. This might not be your cup of tea, it's a black forged carbon watch, but I think it can easily pass for Gen, even if the person looking at it is in the know. So firstly, it's a limited edition watch, chances are (99.99999% to be exact) that your friends haven't seen this watch before. Also, forged carbon patter is unique to every singe watch, i.e. every Gen is different from one another. Then they are closed case back, so no movement is seen. So in my understanding no one can really call you out. One thing though, it's a limited edition $30K watch, so you need to have lifestyle to support it. Like people will think that if you can wear limited edition watch you must have other watches, and this is your 5th or 6th watch.

15703 is your classic royal oak offshore. It's nice, close to Gen, but if you put it side by side (and its a most popular AP ROO) you can spot the difference. If not side by side with Gen hard to say that it's fake. But 15706 forged carbon you can't really put side by side with another one LOL, it's limited edition, chances of you running into an owner of Gen are less than being struck by lightning.

mottykytu

4/6/13
Yeah, that's true about the case back. Anyone really in the know might be able to tell judging by the mechanism as seen from the back. But AP's are generally better than Patek in terms of replica because Patek is just so hard to get exact. You won't find any Patek super rep ever. So unless you planning to take the watch of 15400 is great, but I see and agree with your concern.

I can also recommend 15706 XF v2. This might not be your cup of tea, it's a black forged carbon watch, but I think it can easily pass for Gen, even if the person looking at it is in the know. So firstly, it's a limited edition watch, chances are (99.99999% to be exact) that your friends haven't seen this watch before. Also, forged carbon patter is unique to every singe watch, i.e. every Gen is different from one another. Then they are closed case back, so no movement is seen. So in my understanding no one can really call you out. One thing though, it's a limited edition $30K watch, so you need to have lifestyle to support it. Like people will think that if you can wear limited edition watch you must have other watches, and this is your 5th or 6th watch.

15703 is your classic royal oak offshore. It's nice, close to Gen, but if you put it side by side (and its a most popular AP ROO) you can spot the difference. If not side by side with Gen hard to say that it's fake. But 15706 forged carbon you can't really put side by side with another one LOL, it's limited edition, chances of you running into an owner of Gen are less than being struck by lightning.

Good Point about the 15706 XF V2 , may be there is a chance my friend also bought a Replica Version of it as well LOL !
But you are right about 30k$ price tag, as I much have personal lifestyle and a Nice enough Car to support that it is a "Gen" ONE if people research and look at my Car again...

BTW, the design is quite Sport and to me not as versatile as the orther 2 !

mottykytu

4/6/13
People who know watches will spot the 2 "super reps".

I Doubt it, people who know watches can only spot Super-Rep ( if they really super-rep) if:

1/ They also know about the Replica version and Know "WHERE TO LOOK AT"
2/ They have the exactly same "GEN" Version side by side to compare

And in both situations, they have to require me to take it of and let them look at it for a while (Which people will hardly do ;), but yeah maybe)

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Yeah and I say that the whole super rep thread is bullshit. Because they are so many watches on the list which I could spot in seconds.

It's just ridiclious all this super rep and mega rep and ultimate rep threads.

Iam not talking about Frankens because they are very hard to spot. But all the hublots and Rolex watches are so easy to spot. On the Rolex watches just look at the indices it's the easiest spot ever.

You don't need them in hands the oyster Rolex (the boring one not the submariner) is easy to spot just look at 3,6,9 indices.