• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 005 Gen vs. Rep - Pics

Hisenburg

Known Member
29/12/13
Here's a little comparison of the PAM 005 XF Factory and a PAM 005 R-Series Gen. Virtually indistinguishable on the wrist. In the hand, the XF factory is still a remarkable specimen. If I were nit picking, I would point out the following inconsistencies in order of most distracting to least -- (1) The dial, like all sausage reps, has slightly raised numerals and markers, while the gen's are slightly indented (see last pic below). Hardly noticeable to the naked eye unless the watch is held close to the eye in the right angle. (2) The crown pin on the gen has a slightly thinner/more contoured shape on the end... again, hardly noticeable unless you are inspecting closely side-by-side with a gen. (3) The lume on the gen is brighter, especially without a charge -- the gen shines like a torch even after an hour of sitting in a dark room. Again, that's being super nit-picky. The rep is remarkable, and unless you are handing it over to a Paneristi who is familiar with gen/rep differences, wearing the rep is almost as satisfying as wearing the gen... at a fraction of the price! Gen is on the right or on top in all but the final picture. Enjoy and comment!

Z9eXmp.jpg

Z9eMt2.jpg

Z9ekSF.jpg

Z9e4et.jpg

Z9edP5.jpg

Z9esEE.jpg

Z9evHn.jpg

Z9eG0o.jpg

Z9eNgY.jpg

Z9eFPk.jpg

Z9efoD.jpg

Z9ebtP.jpg

Z9exNW.jpg

Z9eVHS.jpg

Z9ec1Q.jpg

Z95DgR.jpg

Z9egML.jpg

Z95LKI.jpg

Z95e1c.jpg

Z95WDi.jpg

Z955MX.jpg

Z95mb5.jpg

10 minutes later...
Z95aob.jpg

After an hour..
Z95iTp.jpg

Rep on top in this pic..
Z95q5F.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rotador and erekose

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Nice comparison! Very informative.

ACILPER

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/4/18
That's an absolutely amazing comparison...very, very difficult to distinguish between the 2.
Great article and very informative.
Thanks for posting

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
What was the case thickness vs gen?
thanks for sharing ;)

Rotador

I'm Pretty Popular
28/9/14
It's a good comparison, Hisenburg. I had not seen this thread until now.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Nice comparison.....If I compare the two( gen on Chrono 24 and the rep XF from Dtime), I would also add that the sub seconds pinnion on the rep and gen are a bit different. Also the rep CG is a bit bigger on the outside then the gen. The gen CGlever has a straight tip as the rep lever has a little curved tip, crown is a bit thicker on the rep. Also the L swiss made L print on the gen is wider compared to the rep.

pam 005 gen vs repw.jpg