• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

$99 dollar movement and $300 dollar movement

Frazer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/9/10
Hi Folks, im Frazer

Been doing my research on the forum and now i'm after getting a collection of watches from the many trusted dealers that i've spotted on the site.

First of all one watch im after a Bell and Ross geneve 123 doesn't seem to be available at anyshops listed in the trusted dealers. I dont mind if i cant get it just wondered if someone could give me an insight as to why i might not get my hands on one.

Finally im open to buying anything really aslong as they're considered and look as genuine as you can expect from a replica mainly after watches with leather straps and not overly bulky im quite a small guy, any recomendations as to what movements to go for or even really good replicas people may have bought or know about. Also wondered the difference between getting a 300 dollar watch compared to the 99 dollar watches what should i expect for my money?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
The difference is huge normally. Sapphire glass in higher models, better case construction, dials sometimes, mvt. I'm not a B & R expert so hopefully someone else can chime in :)

Replica Replica

18/7/10
I am no B&R expert but you can compare different rep brands for quaility vrs price. I spent $118 dollars on a Pam 111h, having owned Swiss made watches and a manual wind vintage english watch, I must say that I was impressed with the quailty of the Pam, its not perfect i.e. the Crown Guard detailing and some slightly misaligned logo decals, weak luminosity, but other than that its quite impressive quality for the low price point.

And don't forget the Pam 111h movement was hand assembled. The 111h is my first purchase, I wanted to see if these replicas were as good as this forum suggesed and I can say yes they are.

I showed my brother my Pam 111h, told him it was real to see if he could spot anything, when he saw the movement he was really impressed, impressed enough to belive it was real. I have yet to tell him its a rep, but I just want to feel like millionaire for a bit longer.

I will be going for a £300 dollar watch next, having read this forum I do get the impression that the dealers here source the best reps, but you have to be aware that this is the rep world so the watches are not going to be 100% perfect, but having owned Swiss made watches neither are they.

Industril

12/5/09
I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble. It costs around $2.75USD to make a Nike shoe. It costs around $2.25USD to make an ordinary runner.
Sure in some cases, you pay for what you get. The rest is hype, good marketing, and reputation.
Like all fakes, you don't get a warrantee with your product. $300 replica watch is too much for me personally. I'd sooner get a Seiko for that kinda money but to each his own. I purchased a $200 Accutron 15 years ago and its running strong. I wouldn't count on a $200 replica still working 15 years later.

SMIDSY

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/9/09
I own a bell and ross gen and wouldn't count on it running 15 year later either =)

Reactions: late and Lordstar

Lordstar

6/11/18
I only want it for a few years
after that if it craps out I get a new rep