• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch Stand Prototype - What do you think?

donerix

I'm Pretty Popular
9/2/09
Nicaragua
Had to work with my carpenters today and when we got done early I played around with two pieces of teak wood and a drawer pull.
Here is the result.

I will make myself a dozen, but if people are interested I can make more.
It is quite practical, stable and affords easy handling of the mounted watch (unlike his flimsy plexi syblings):
This prototype is 1.5" wide, after the first feedback over at RG I have decided to make the final version 2" wide so there are no concerns about stability and add wooden plugs for the screw holes.
Tell me what you think

wstandfront.jpg

wstandangle.jpg

wstandright.jpg

wstandrear.jpg

wstandleft.jpg

Shipping will be easy since the whole unit can fold down flat:

wstandflat.jpg

dante98

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/5/09
Looks very cool and functional at the same time, Donerix. How's the balance on the stand for heavier watches? Let me know what is the per unit cost. Thanks.

D

d4m.test

Figure out a way to link 3-6 together and put me down for 2 of them... I like it alot and it matches the finish on the headboard of my bed where I would put it.
VERY NICE.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
That's just awesome!!!

As for balance for bigger watches, it should not be a problem for any watch. The center of the watch's mass is directly centered over the base. The upright support being off to the side makes no difference from an Engineering perspective, as long as it's strong enough that it doesn't bend. And a drawer pull is definitely up to the load of any watch you could find.

Great job!!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
fakemaster said:
Hmm. You work with wood?

[smilie=laughing4.gif] [smilie=laughing4.gif] [smilie=laughing4.gif] [smilie=laughing4.gif]
He does his best work in the morning! :mrgreen:

donerix

I'm Pretty Popular
9/2/09
Nicaragua
dante98 said:
Looks very cool and functional at the same time, Donerix. How's the balance on the stand for heavier watches? Let me know what is the per unit cost. Thanks.

Well the PAM 225 is pretty much as heavy as they come I would say.
But the next version will have a width of 2" to eliminate all concerns.
I hope to have one ready tomorrow and also some other wood types I could make them out.
Right now my price will be probably $35 for a set of three plus shipping.

cazIRL

Renowned Member
5/11/08
Sign me up I'd be interested, and as said befor if there was a way to link 3 - 4 together that'd be even better.

Lets see how this develops :)

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
do some adjustment with the next prototype..and we shall see it..looks good by theway :)

Billio

I'm Pretty Popular
15/4/09
I'd be interested in a few of these. Would you post to the UK?

Breitlinglover

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/6/09
Instead of linking the bases just make a 12 inch base and put 4-5 holders on it evenly spaced. It would have to be displayed lengthwise from front to back but with the angled display option it would look cool.

Nice Idea!

donerix

I'm Pretty Popular
9/2/09
Nicaragua
daz8161 said:
I'd be interested in a few of these. Would you post to the UK?

Should be no problem. From experience it will take about 2 weeks and cost around $10