• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

FP Journe Replicas?

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I know, I know, high end movements. But we don't need to see the back.

But some of the dials are great, and the movements that the simpler dials need should be relatively simple, I think? For jumping seconds, throw a quartz movement in, close the back and keep it thin! Or is this heresy? :wink:

fp-journe-chronometre-blue.jpg

FP_Journe_ChronoSouveraine_front_560.jpg

FP-Journe-Anniversary-Tourbillon-10.jpg

FP-Journe-10-Anniversary-Tourbillon-10.jpg

chr1s60

Renowned Member
4/6/17
FP Journe makes amazing watches, but is still relatively unknown unless you're a true watch geek. I think that's probably the main reason we don't see many (any?) reps of them. Not to mention it's probably quite difficult for a factory to get a hold of one if they want to attempt to do a "1:1 copy."

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
I know, I know, high end movements. But we don't need to see the back.

But some of the dials are great, and the movements that the simpler dials need should be relatively simple, I think? For jumping seconds, throw a quartz movement in, close the back and keep it thin! Or is this heresy? :wink:

Yes I think that is actually the definition of heresy.

murdoc2708

MULTI ACCOUNT
11/11/16
I'd kill for a proper FP Journe Chronometre Bleu rep

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Lirik

Renowned Member
17/11/13
Yes well I wish there was but there are no good FP Journe reps.

Regarding the Chronometre Bleu. The two things make this watch special are the movement and the dial.
The movement is made out of red gold, which is very expensive and hard to produce. Will we ever see this replicated? I don't think so - and if we will it will be a very expensive rep.
The dial is also very difficult to produce and it's a very complicated process. I don't think they will ever be able to replicate this without using the same materials.
Without replicating the dial and movement properly the magic of the watch is gone and at that point you might aswell buy something like a rep JLC.

xpletiv

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/10
With some of the abominations that are out there, this should be Rep'd.
Screw the movement as a reason not to, gimmie a break, oh look, you wanna see my f'n expensive watch, here let me, oh waitaminute, sorry, just look at it on my wrist.
And faking that dial in a paint/process that comes very close in color is all one needs, it's relatively flat. If you're looking for closeness to OM, you must want to cheat someone and sell it.
There's no reason it cannot come close enough to produce a "wow".

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Would love to see it, but have an infinitesimally small hope of it ever happening -- and an even smaller hope (if that's possible) of it being done well. That being said, rep factories have been able to produce some surprisingly intricate models in the past, so never say never ...

There are a number of haute watchmakers like H. Mosier & Cie., Laurent Ferrier, Phillippe Dufour, Arnold & Son, Bovet, etc. that would be great candidates for new models if the stars aligned and I suppose we are stuck furtively waiting for that day ...

delisle

Looking Around
26/12/12
FRANCE
Hello everyone,
To complete the reviews, and about F.P.Journe watches, there is currently no fake on the market.
A few years ago, we could find on a Russian site, a rather poorly made copy, which disappeared rather quickly.
Why then no manufacturer has embarked on the adventure? Not that it is difficult, with the techniques of today, it is relatively easy : a scan, a laser machine will do almost everything. And it is not the scarcity of potential amateurs that motivated manufacturers.
Take the example of BOVET watch that people can know. These are magnificent watches at a very high price. I was able to find a copy of the 19thirty BOVET ( try to fin it !!! ) for less than 150 €. And it is no more difficult to produce than a F.P.JOURNE watch. It is of course imperfect, but for the price it's a bargain!
And I made an F.P.Journe watch bad copy ( just for joke ) with PAINT (on Windows) a special paper for printing the dial and my Canon MG6150 printer. Hard search for needles, but I found it. I attach the picture of the result to prove that it will not be very difficult for a professional to do much better.
Have a lovely day everybody.

Picture 1 : https://www.casimages.com/i/190815015910665525.jpg.html
Picture 2 : https://www.casimages.com/i/190815015907467693.jpg.html

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

AllWoundUp

Horology Curious
27/1/20
Well, if a pro can get an F.P. Journe, any F.P. Journe, rep to market, I'd be among the first ten in line.