• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Sorry if i am asking this on the wrong place. but for this particular Super Rep List. what are the basics or fundamentals for a rep to be qualified for the super rep.

- Movement
- Dial
- bezel
- Case
- Crown
- Build Quality
- Crown

Visual. Comparison with gen should be 1:1 basically, noise not taken into consideration unless the rotor is terribly noisy, movement only if open case back. Also, working complications.

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Hello,

I’m on the hunt for my first Panerai and decided to get the 111 model.

Does anyone know the difference between the two:

PAM111 P V4 Noob
PAM111 N V4 Noob

Also the list mentions V3 to be the best (at the time of writing), am I right to assume V4 to be an improvement from V3?

Thanks

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
LIST UPDATE: added to UNDER DISCUSSION:

IWC Big Pilot 5009-12 ZF
IWC Big Pilot 5009-16 ZF
IWC 5009-08 LPP ZF V2

Last edited:

Alex__adc

Known Member
29/8/15
AFAIK most people mean that one and not the Laureus Ingenieur that looks like a modern Ingenieur.

Here's mine:

Mb3It1z.jpg

Here's the other one:

View attachment 52506
Hi, the second one is available the community?

RawClassic

Horology Curious
14/3/16
Most of these Louie can fix. But obviously the groove can’t be fixed and some Swiss made are printed ok. You have to get lucky
While that is true, it's quite pricey unless you have already bought it from him. He quoted me $70 + shipping both ways from CONUS to China which will probably cost half the watch. Either you get it from him and get the service free, or you are going to have to live with its flaws.

I wish I bought it from him as the thickness of the rep chokes up on my wrist too much.

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
First of all, awesome initiative!

Second, I think the Breitling Navitimer World from BP with black dial and possibly also the one with white dial could be added to this list!

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/breitling-navtimer-world-a-super-rep.374368/#post-3704708
http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/...014-breitling-navitimer-world-updated-201705/
And other threads i couldn't immediately find again

It's a first class NWBIG rep, but there are some minor flaws that keeps it from full super.
1. Subdials arent flat like gen
2. Crystal has a yellowish tint/hue to them. Makes the white parts of the black and white dials too yellow.
3. Black dial gold markers aren't vibrant as gen
4. Blue dial way too green

I love my black one and wear it proudly, but it's a pretty easy spot when you know what to look for (especially subdials shape). Super reps should be virtually indistinguishable or require intense scrutiny to differentiate between gen.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
It's a first class NWBIG rep, but there are some minor flaws that keeps it from full super.
1. Subdials arent flat like gen
2. Crystal has a yellowish tint/hue to them. Makes the white parts of the black and white dials too yellow.
3. Black dial gold markers aren't vibrant as gen
4. Blue dial way too green

I love my black one and wear it proudly, but it's a pretty easy spot when you know what to look for (especially subdials shape). Super reps should be virtually indistinguishable or require intense scrutiny to differentiate between gen.

Thanks, reminds me I forgot to add it to NWBIG list.

Miyagi-san

16/3/17
I noticed the Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish is only a superrep with the arrow second hand.

But the box-hand is certainly a superrep too. Comes from the Steelfish X-Plus made in 2006.
It has the correct modelnumber on the back A17390 and the HeV at 9 o’clock.

This model came in 42 and 44 versions with boxhands only. After 2006, Breiltling stopped with the X-Plus naming and just called it the Steelfish and put arrowhands on it.
Most Steelfish with arrow hands comes with the Helium Valve at 10 o’clock.

Wich makes the arrow hand version less superrep imo. But there are older models from just after 2007 that have arrow hands and HeV at 9 too.

So, thats why they can both be listed as superreps.

Cheers!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RWI

D

d4m.test

Could anyone send me links for the TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300 or Calibre 5?

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
I noticed the Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish is only a superrep with the arrow second hand.

But the box-hand is certainly a superrep too. Comes from the Steelfish X-Plus made in 2006.
It has the correct modelnumber on the back A17390 and the HeV at 9 o’clock.

This model came in 42 and 44 versions with boxhands only. After 2006, Breiltling stopped with the X-Plus naming and just called it the Steelfish and put arrowhands on it.
Most Steelfish with arrow hands comes with the Helium Valve at 10 o’clock.

Wich makes the arrow hand version less superrep imo. But there are older models from just after 2007 that have arrow hands and HeV at 9 too.

So, thats why they can both be listed as superreps.

Cheers!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RWI

Yeah, they both are, but not having arrow second hands is a tell in its own way because if you get it serviced, apparently, they'll switch your second hand to the arrow version.

D

d4m.test

Unsure anybody would notice the 2mm clasp width variation between the Gen and NWBIG IWC 3714

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

D

d4m.test

Unsure anybody would notice the 2mm clasp width variation between the Gen and NWBIG IWC 3714

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Did I miss something? what is this width difference, I have not heard of it

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
Well, that's what have been told many times on several forums, could be a myth but I don't think so.

Here's a thread where a gen owner that confirms they swap for arrow:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=2574274

Again, technically nothing wrong with the square hands, it's just the arrow is more likely to be encountered in the wild. Therefore, in my opinion, it is less of a tell than the square so that would make it slightly better. The list is for the best model, so that slight change pushes it over the square.