Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaken not stirred. Aka. Oh No!!! Not another Bond Watch Thread!!! (Pic. Heavy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pip did not make it through the day

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
    There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
    ? Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

The collection
    https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...e-january-2019

Originally posted by Parabuteo;n5110721
    Mods are GREAT at working out things, going to bat for us, and have some tools at their disposal to sanction scammers but they can't ultimately protect us from everything, including losing $ if we are not cautious. The main takeaway is this: we RWI members are participating knowingly in the "wild west" here (which actually thrills me) so...caveat emptor and never spend more than you can afford to lose.

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

Enjoyed the read.

Got fascinated by Bond watches because of a watch that's for sale in the M2M section - no funds so I'm going to miss out on it.- But this was quite a good read!

Love the Omegas and the Rolexes.

Loved Roger Moore as Bond, but reading this, not so much his taste in watches.

Comment

Thats not how you hold a gun LOL

Comment

There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.

The collection

Mods are GREAT at working out things, going to bat for us, and have some tools at their disposal to sanction scammers but they can't ultimately protect us from everything, including losing $ if we are not cautious. The main takeaway is this: we RWI members are participating knowingly in the "wild west" here (which actually thrills me) so...caveat emptor and never spend more than you can afford to lose.

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

The collection

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

Originally posted by C Master View Post
              That’s a beauty. can you tell me anything about this? Is that a gen service dial?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

"Casio Royale" on Union Jack NATO.

With stay-at-home, I need something that can tell me what day it is!

GEN - 1982 Rolex 16013 "American Psycho" Champagne Tapestry Datejust; Omega 38.5 "Skyfall" blue AT; 1999 Omega 2531.80; Hamilton K454 "Sputnik"; 1967 Bulova Accutron 218D; Seagull 1963 Chronograph reissue
                REP - Rolex Explorer 5500 Gilt Dial gen case; 1988 Rolex 16610 TC Franken; V6F v2.5 Omega SM300 "Spectre"; Cartel Rolex 6238 Pre-Daytona; Johnny Lazar "Goldfinger" Rolex 6538; Rolex 6542 Albino GMT
                WISH - Rolex 5513 rep or Franken; Omega Moonwatch gen

Comment

Originally posted by bibby1 View Post

That’s a beauty. can you tell me anything about this? Is that a gen service dial?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Specs:
                  Cartel V2 case thinned, reshaped / chamfered, drilled, brushed and polished.
                  -Bezel teeth all worked on and polished, Bezel functions like Gen (push down and turn)
                  -Rolex transitional gloss tritium dial with white gold markers. Original dial as far as I remember.
                  -Rolex T19 plexi
                  -Rolex Insert
                  -Rolex 703 Crown
                  -Matching tritium hands.
                  Swiss ETA 2789 low beat non hacking
                  Last edited by C Master; 03-04-20, 19:59. Reason: Staff edit

The collection

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

The collection

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

Originally posted by C Master View Post
                      This piece is unreal. Is the bezel cartel as well? Did you have to modify the bezel to fit a gen insert, or was this kind of plug and play? Also, the bezel teeth, are the scallops widened, or was this how it came from the factory? What a beautiful watch. Sorry, for all of the questions. Just sitting here admiring your watch.

Comment

Originally posted by bibby1 View Post

This piece is unreal. Is the bezel cartel as well? Did you have to modify the bezel to fit a gen insert, or was this kind of plug and play? Also, the bezel teeth, are the scallops widened, or was this how it came from the factory? What a beautiful watch. Sorry, for all of the questions. Just sitting here admiring your watch.
                        Lol I am not surprised with all the questions. It is a fabulous piece and I am really lucky to have it. All the work was done by tripdog and he is a true master. I hope that does not make him blush lol.

It is a Cartel bezel. I do not know if the gen insert is plug and play. I have a 1680 ghosted gen on my other 5513 at the moment and it was not a perfect fit but this could be due to age and misuse. The scallops were redone and polished by trippy.

The collection

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

The collection

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

The collection

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

The collection

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

The collection

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

Working...
                                X