• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Shaken not stirred. Aka. Oh No!!! Not another Bond Watch Thread!!! (Pic. Heavy)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Sorry if this was already asked, but is there any particular reason you went with the regular version over the Spectre?
I do not like the 007 signed stuff in general. I like to have the closest to the original watch, so they do not look gimicky. The Skyfall is OK as was a custom made job, never released. The dial is not available on any other PO so I went for the branded Skyfall. As for the AT Spectre well I just like ATs so much I had to see what the AT Spectre looked like.

The 300 was a hard one as it does look like he wears the Spectre version in the film. So maybe I made the wrong choice but both 300s are really nice and retro :).

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
I do not like the 007 signed stuff in general. I like to have the closest to the original watch, so they do not look gimicky. The Skyfall is OK as was a custom made job, never released. The dial is not available on any other PO so I went for the branded Skyfall. As for the AT Spectre well I just like ATs so much I had to see what the AT Spectre looked like.

The 300 was a hard one as it does look like he wears the Spectre version in the film. So maybe I made the wrong choice but both 300s are really nice and retro :).

I feel exactly the same way... I'm not a big fan of the 007 logo on the dial or caseback; I'd rather have what's in the film. The Spectre 300 is completely different for me though -- it almost feels like a different "genuine" reference. The lollipop hand isn't a 007 gimmick, it's totally Omega heritage. The bezel as well. I had the non-Spectre 300 but after a while, I started to want the Spectre one... Lucy's sending it my way now. :D

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
73dc251e31ed1a1d4e84ba96249e783b.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk Pro

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Wow what a great thread! I really enjoyed reading it and I'm glad I helped in adding at least one of those watches to your collection. I'm a huge James Bond fan and planning to do something similar to this thread once I catch some more free time.

Btw you need proper nato for that 300. :)

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
@yllep I've figured you out! You made this thread to post pictures of your own watches as much as possible! :p

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
@yllep I've figured you out! You made this thread to post pictures of your own watches as much as possible! :p
Caught!!! lol. Come on would you blame me :)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I really like this one.

Sent from the RWI mobile app
It is a really nice PO. Not as substantial as a Noob or BP. But it looks the business. Not bad for a very cheap M2M pickup :) It was bought in Turkey by another member on holidays. Usual flaws but a very good 21J in there all the same.

Rabbagasten

I'm Pretty Popular
25/12/15
Not to take away from P´s excellent work in this thread, but I found this article:
http://www.watchtime.com/featured/watches-james-bond/
I especially enjoyed this quote: James Bond wears two watches in Thunderball. He uses his Rolex Submariner to tell the time, but he relies on a modified Breitling Top Time when he needs a Geiger counter. This watch was rediscovered in 2013 at an English flea market, where the authentic prop from the classic flick changed hands for a paltry 25 pounds – and was soon afterwards auctioned for a five-figure sum.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Not to take away from P´s excellent work in this thread, but I found this article:
http://www.watchtime.com/featured/watches-james-bond/
I especially enjoyed this quote: James Bond wears two watches in Thunderball. He uses his Rolex Submariner to tell the time, but he relies on a modified Breitling Top Time when he needs a Geiger counter. This watch was rediscovered in 2013 at an English flea market, where the authentic prop from the classic flick changed hands for a paltry 25 pounds – and was soon afterwards auctioned for a five-figure sum.
Yes I read that one. It is an amazing story. The watch was worth a fortune.

Todays: The Roger Moore Special.
DSC_1079_zps13oc52x2.jpg