• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Credit card fail when trying to pay for 2 watches

Redtop

Horology Curious
27/10/16
Hi all ive tried to pay for 2 watches but my credit card fails, I was then offered to go to another secure site, anyone else have this problem, it's a trusted dealer, Ryan, intime, i am just abit worried about being sent to another pay site

hispanic_power

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/11/16
Redtop, I had this happen with Intime just last week. Ryan seems to have a good reputation on the board so I see no reason not to trust him if he offers a different payment method. Just keep an eye on the credit card statement .

DavieV2

30/11/15
I used this also, no problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Never pay with credit cards on these sites. They are non-secure, I made a big post about it a few months back.

Pasha

Renowned Member
9/10/13
Never pay with credit cards on these sites. They are non-secure, I made a big post about it a few months back.

Amen. Why some people do that is beyond my comprehension. See my sig...

blade1997

21/10/16
I tried using moneygram this week - charging to my CC, not my bank account. Got flagged and then had to make a call to someone to authorize it. They asked a lot of questions... how I knew this person (the TD), why I was sending money, etc. I was vague, and they declined the transaction. Told me to go to the local moneygram location and pay cash. Is THAT the proper procedure? New to all this.... sorry. I've been reading posts here, and everyone says MG is fast and easy, hasn't been for me so far.

Bizznes101

Renowned Member
19/5/16
I tried using moneygram this week - charging to my CC, not my bank account. Got flagged and then had to make a call to someone to authorize it. They asked a lot of questions... how I knew this person (the TD), why I was sending money, etc. I was vague, and they declined the transaction. Told me to go to the local moneygram location and pay cash. Is THAT the proper procedure? New to all this.... sorry. I've been reading posts here, and everyone says MG is fast and easy, hasn't been for me so far.

Yea that's not out of the norm. I always use WU, but the same thing applies. Online payments usually get flagged.
If you go and pay in person, you'll never have an issue. (At least with WU)

Pasha

Renowned Member
9/10/13

Yep, that's what I do. Here in Canada you can do a moneygram payment from any Post Office. If there's a problem with the transaction they'll just refund your money.

blade1997

21/10/16
Thank you Bizznes101 and Pasha. I appreciate your quick responses. I'll go to my local MG and check it out. I've been reading a lot of the noob forum posts here (very informative) but I still have a lot to learn. Ryan at InTime responded quickly to my initial order, but I've been set back a few days with the payment delays. Just didn't want to double order or double pay. With all the great reviews about him, I'm not concerned about his honesty, just wanted to keep up my side of the arrangement.