• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartel

jrlmsla

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/16
So at risk of sounding dumb... And yes I've used the search button:
What is Cartel
Example-
Bought a watch that had the "best placement of subdials for all the cartel Daytona's
Or-
Watch case- Cartel Min Fiddy

Does it simply refer to the rep industry?
In the example of the Case is it just a way to say "it's a remand I don't know kw, v2, noob so I'll just say Cartel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
Its probably an outdated term now as most TDs have access to all rep factories.

Back in the day Perfect Clones and Trusty Time (AKA Josh and Andrew) seemed to have exclusive or preferential access to some factories, and the evidence suggested they attempted to enact some price fixing with other dealers. It didn't work, they got rumbled, banned from here and the free market succeeded.

We refer to "cartel" watches and anything which appears first on their sites and isn't usually promoted by our own TDs. To be fair, they often have some nice vintage Rolex modding bases (several of which I've used), however, just send the picture of what you want to our TDs and they can get you the same product, often for a better price.

It should be noted they are Trusted Dealers on other forums and many people buy successfully from them, however, I've never tried myself.