• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Top 10 Lies about Replica Watches

CaptainJarvis

Looking Around
20/5/12
Noob here. Just read the whole thing. So a thread started several years ago is still helping. Hoping to purchase my first rep here soon. Thanks again!

bradillac326

Looking Around
23/7/12
rolex gold plating questions ,suggestions

hi guys this is my first ever post on a forum in 31 yrs lol ,ive always tried to stay away from all yellow "gold" rolex reps but i want aan all "gold" president and i found one ,its asian and looks great like my other all s/s rolex reps ,but i was wondering if anyone knew of a way to preserve the plating on the inside of the band where my wrist would smother it lol ...once again im very new to this and not even sure im asking this in the right area.but any replies would be great thanks, brad

Vintagerolex12

Looking Around
10/8/12
vintage rolex

Brilliant post!!
It's really lovable thread.I really like stylish and sports watches.Thanks for share great informative post..........:)
Vintage Rolex:fez:

waynepersie

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
16/8/12
Learned new thing about replica's lies. Hahaha... Thanks for sharing this useful info. Cheers.

Esprit

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/12
Great piece of reading for someone who is very new to replicas. Thoroughly engrossed in the omega forum currently!

johnymac

Looking Around
25/8/12
I like this forum. it is useful for me..Some experts expect more but i am not an expert. i am a child

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Trully a classic thread...glad to see the new guys agree... Cheers!:cheers:

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Thanks for putting this information together. There is a lot of helpful information here.

I must admit, though, it was far simpler buying reps in a state of ignorance . . . More expensive, but simpler. Now we're armed with enough information and knowledge to make (somewhat more) informed decisions. However, I find that the more I Read, the more confused I become and I'm not sure which route to take. For example, this wiki talks about the different grades of Rolex reps and what you should expect based on how much you spend http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/rolex-wiki-page-109932?t=109932&highlight=wiki

I'm not sure whether to get a $150 Sub from Trevor, a $250 Sub from WBK, or a $700 Sub from BK. But I do know one thing for sure: I will now have the knowledge and tools to take a $150 Sub and transform it into a $700 Sub, thanks to you guys.

thaking

12/10/12
Does anyone have any picture of making rep watches in china? Some links in this thread are dead.

honitel

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/10/12
Very well said. Replicas looks very real also.

Callecobra

25/10/12
A must read for a noob like myself.

Very informative! I've been around for app. a month and have still tons to read in RWI to shake off that noob stamp. Great thread!

Henry J. Miller

28/11/12
Its now ending of 2012 and this thread is still providing help and guidance to noobs such as myself.
Thank you all very much.
I've been a watch (and gun) collector/aficionado since the mid 1970s and have all the 'required' hardware - Rolexes, Omegas, IWCs, a few Catiers I inherited from my Father and many more.
My friends are also "wrist-watchers" (forever looking st others wrists to see what they have on ...lol. Not so much as a status symbol but to identify like minded souls.
But honestly, I have grown tired of spending an ever increasing amount of money on something that spends the majority of time locked away. Thus my interest in reps has come about.
In the few short days that I have been on-board here I have learned an immense amount and it will continue.
Thank You all for this site and the service it provides.

(I like the Gun area also...but lost most of mine in a tragic boating accident...:wink:)

mpg54

Known Member
29/8/09
Tell those two little sh its putting watch together while their parents are at work that they better stop Fkn up or I'm coming over their to whip their little asses raw ... LOL!