• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Top 10 Lies about Replica Watches

lbahoshy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/10
Excellent Info. Thank you very much! Great site you have here; tons of useful information.

gurujosh

26/7/10
Still helping the noob like me, great reading and excellent post.

G.

maher

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/9/10
Thanks for All list those notes,trusty dealer forever and lie deal for shorter!

martina

Looking Around
14/10/10
Ladies link diamo Tag watch

I need help? I am looking for a website sells great Ladies Tag Watches. What do I need to look out for? Can someone recommend a website
Thanks

GT5

23/10/10
I'm so glad I found this site today. I questioned so much about other sites. Ahh!!!

repvr

Looking Around
29/10/10
Thanks for the great info. This site would help me greatly with my hobby.

jrexgis

Looking Around
29/10/10
i certainly agree with that list mate :) cheers to you and thank you for bringing that up :google:

Psykryph

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
16/11/10
Hahaha, this list is great. I wonder, can I repost it elsewhere with permission? I especially like Lie No. 7. It's so true and it is rather incestuous of those bastards....

docnar

Horology Curious
16/11/10
Thanks for putting all this together..Its enlightening for starters like me...

Moinsen

Horology Curious
14/1/11
Great post,

That cleared up a lot for me.

Will defo keep that in mind when buying my next watch.

Cheers.

bopol2

Horology Curious
21/6/11
Very Nice info! im a noob and just starting my collection,this will help me a lot

bopol2

Horology Curious
21/6/11
the good thing about this site is all the information that i can get, and it will be very helpfull to me coz here in my country i could actualy see the merchendize first before i decide to buy it. thanks for all the info

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
The original post is a must read for those new to the hobby, imho ..... a classic!

thestefster

Patron
9/6/11
So... dare I ask the question... How are replicas actually made? Are they made in a factory from scratch, assembled by machine or hand, is it parts sourced from all over china and assembled elsewhere?

Haven't been able to find any threads on this topic at all anywhere? Is it a case of "the first rule of replicas is, don't talk about replica factories"?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Parts are sourced from all over and assembled in back rooms and on kitchen tables usually. There are no "factories" as we know them here. There is a video somewhere if someone can remember the thread it's linked in.