• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Top 10 Lies about Replica Watches

stockjockey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/1/09
First post that I read and it was extremely helpful. Glad to find a place harboring likeminded replica watch enthusiasts. Happy to be a part!

z80

8/6/06
I'm so disillusioned I think I'll go kill myself... lol, thanks for the good post for newbies.. now, if you could go back in time and post it about 5 years ago that would be swell. Thanks.

AllergyDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
3/5/07
z80 said:
I'm so disillusioned I think I'll go kill myself... lol, thanks for the good post for newbies.. now, if you could go back in time and post it about 5 years ago that would be swell. Thanks.
This was the school of "hard knocks" for me. I fell for all this crap, the fake "review boards" and everything.

lightningbefore

12/2/09
Add another "thank you" to the list from a newbie. I'm still learning, was only burnt once but with each site you visit you think, "maybe this one will be different!" And am soo happy to have found a place like this with people as into watches as I am help each other out to share the bad sites as well as the good people and places.

I will definitely share my experiences soon after I buy my first few reps.

550bryan

17/8/08
Wish I would have found treads like this before buying my first Reps... some really terrible examples

AllergyDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
3/5/07
Let's all come together for a group hug. :D

If I've said this once I've said it a thousand times, this stuff is boring to seasoned collectors but still very relevant to newcomers.

There are many sharks in the water, eager to trade your money for junk. Buyer beware!

alwayslate

7/5/08
Still helps me heaps these tips. I make a point to read this thread once in a while just so I am sure I do not muck up by missing the details when it comes to rep shopping.

Thanks fellas!

suuntobob

Horology Curious
25/3/09
only last week i was about to pay by paypal for a ladies omega copy, then i thought this watch sounds to genuine, so i searched for a review , not for the watch but for the seller and found this site, turned out to be on the scam list . thanks a million guys,
great site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seikome

Looking Around
25/4/09
great advice from here. I almost got scamed by bluefakes before googled here...

AllergyDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
3/5/07
Several sellers, mostly "scam" sights, have stolen it and altered to to fit their needs.

The dealer you questioned is a trusted dealer so...

But I don't know the specifics of the movement.

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
twofrompsu said:
I recall seeing this very valuable info elsewhere, and grateful to see it again.

This dealer claims to have a 23 jewel Asian movement in a PAM270:

http://www.timeshops.net/PA8594_-_PAM27 ... 63-313.htm

Is this legit? Sorry if I missed it in another post.

I don't know how much that Seagull movement has, probably does have 23, 21-25 is the normal... the number of jewels doesn't matter that much really, however that site is from a trusted dealer.