• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Perfect Clones?

bugapash

Horology Curious
6/2/13
Greetings -- I'm new to the site but I spent a good two days doing my best to get acquainted.

I'm looking for two specific Monaco models, and the only place I've found them is here: http://www.1-pc8838.com/00tgm10011-monaco-classic-ssle-blue-quartz-chrono-free-ship-p-8296.html (Perfect Clones)

I've even contacted several of the preferred dealers on this site, but none have been found what I'm looking for.

Unless I've missed it, this site is not listed among scammers--and was once a Trusted Dealer? I see some have bought from this site with apparently no problems, but is there a reason it's not a TD?

Thanks all--

B

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
There is, but it's a long story. If you need to order from them just be aware that you will get no support from the staff here if it goes wrong.

Sent from my HTC Desire S

razorblade

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/12
They are not trusted here, but neither are they scammers. Should the deal turn bad, the admins here will not be able to help to sort things out.

Well if you did contact other TDs and they cannot find the exact model for you, I'd suggest you confirm with PC that they can get it before jumping in. It could be that the factory has stopped making the one you're looking for.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
Josh Nana (Perfect Clones) and Andrew Somesuch (Trusty Time) were once Trusted Dealers here and RWGbz as well. As these 2 boards are step brothers. These 2 dealers are what we call The Cartel and were exiled in 2008 sometime. They are however listed on RG and RWGcc I believe.

Are the scammers? NO. Are the gonna rip you off? NO. Are they gonna charge you more? YES. They also are drop shippers. They live in Singapore I think and have a posse in GZ that goes and picks out your order, (like our TDs do) and the posse does the QC and the The Cartel emails you and you think THEY did the QC, but they didn't. Then the posse packs and ships said rep out of GZ. Lots of us have used them alot in the past (me included) and still buy specific product for specific builds. As it was mentioned, if you choose to buy from them here, you will not be supported by the RWI staff if needed. Sead and others here can in most cases source the same product as The Cartel. I encourage you to keep checking until you are 100% sure our TD's cannot source it.
Good Luck and welcome to RWI.

Read Why......The Cartel Story

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/andrew-trusty-you-29857

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I wouldn't call it drop shipping just because they have different locations. But they are not the people on the ground in that regard.

Sent from my HTC Desire S

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
If you're going to buy from them I would suggest you be a member over on RepGeek as well. They are TD's over there so you may get some backup.

ALWAYS check with Joshua before ordering. He's got hundreds of watches listed on his site that are no longer available.

bugapash

Horology Curious
6/2/13
Thanks so much, folks!

To help with my confusion: can someone link me to which is Joshua?

I will of course do my best to find what I need here first. In this case I'm looking for those specific models and no luck, but I'm also not in a big hurry. I'll look around!

-Cheers, B

lkirchner

Known Member
22/9/12
Perfect Clones

Before discovering this forum I had purchased many watches from Joshua. However on the last few orders, the company that processes his transactions started to piss me off. They added to the cost of the product and shipping a currency rate fee and a debit card processing fee. The amounts varied from 7 to 14% that were addded after I gave my card details (too late on a debit card to argue). When I inquired I received a bullshit answer attempting to justify the added fee.
Other than that and the fact that I now see that his prices were high, the watches were of nice quality.

bugapash

Horology Curious
6/2/13
lkirchner, thanks. As I said, I'm looking at the other TDs, but if that's the only place I can find the model I want I may snag that one there. I'll wait for replies from others though. It's that Classic face, just can't beat it! :)

bugapash

Horology Curious
6/2/13
You were right. Joshua said the watch is not in stock (I'm glad I asked first, it is certainly listed to buy). I'll keep looking, thanks!

razorblade

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/12
You were right. Joshua said the watch is not in stock (I'm glad I asked first, it is certainly listed to buy). I'll keep looking, thanks!
Chances are the factory no longer makes it. You can only hope a fellow member sells it. Get something else instead.

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
I will say this re: Andrew, and I hope I can avoid getting flamed for it (same applies to Josh, and even Angus/Puretime as well - really any of the more "expensive" dealers.)

You get what you pay for sometimes. Yes, they charge more than the smaller dealers do for the same watch. I also know that if I send an email about my order to Andrew, or even to ask a question about a watch, it will be answered in a matter of hours, every single time. I also know that once I've paid, I can expect QC pics and the watch shipping, lickety split. Even with orders I've placed for 10+ pieces, Andrew has pics out to me and ready to ship in less than a weeks time. (If it's only 1 or 2 it's usually a day or so and it's ready)

You never see threads for the bigs saying "why isn't X responding to my emails" or "X has had my money for 3 weeks and isn't replying to me, and still no qc pics" or that sort of thing.

The discount dealers usually pop up, everyone writes fantastic reviews about them, and then they get overwhelmed with orders and service starts to slip. They come through in the end, but you have to wait wait wait. Low overhead means low prices, but it also means one guy is running around fulfilling everyones orders.

Just my 2 cents

ilbambino86

Renowned Member
17/9/12
I will say this re: Andrew, and I hope I can avoid getting flamed for it (same applies to Josh, and even Angus/Puretime as well - really any of the more "expensive" dealers.)

You get what you pay for sometimes. Yes, they charge more than the smaller dealers do for the same watch. I also know that if I send an email about my order to Andrew, or even to ask a question about a watch, it will be answered in a matter of hours, every single time. I also know that once I've paid, I can expect QC pics and the watch shipping, lickety split. Even with orders I've placed for 10+ pieces, Andrew has pics out to me and ready to ship in less than a weeks time. (If it's only 1 or 2 it's usually a day or so and it's ready)

You never see threads for the bigs saying "why isn't X responding to my emails" or "X has had my money for 3 weeks and isn't replying to me, and still no qc pics" or that sort of thing.

The discount dealers usually pop up, everyone writes fantastic reviews about them, and then they get overwhelmed with orders and service starts to slip. They come through in the end, but you have to wait wait wait. Low overhead means low prices, but it also means one guy is running around fulfilling everyones orders.

Just my 2 cents

^ I agree.

lkirchner

Known Member
22/9/12

Just my 2 cents

I agree entirely. Joshua gets back almost immediately. Only complaint is what I stated before.