• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Submariner V2 - replaced SH3135 vis VS3135 - Date wheel no centered

jrwatch

Looking Around
6/9/19
Hi,

Recently I have had to replace the movement in my ARF Submariner as after 2 years the SH3135 stopped functioning.
I was recommended to go with a VS3135.
I have since had a transplant of the movement put into ARF Sub V2, however the date wheel is no longer centered.
I had the work performed by a member of this forum and it was done to perfection, with no issues.

However, the new movements date does not line up central to cutout and cyclops of the Sub.

My question is: Has anyone else had this issue and what date wheel fixed it?
- I don't want to spend money on a Gen. wheel if it will still be misaligned to center.

Thank you

johloo

Renowned Member
Patron
14/3/17
It might be an issue with movement date jumper alignment with datewheel, the print on datewheel itself might be off, or your dial feet may have got slightly bent, all of which could cause misalignment of date to window. Possible solutions may be to tweek the jumper, replace the date wheel, or straighten the dial feet if bent. How bad is the misalignment, do you have a pic for reference?

Reactions: Ro-Lex and Nono92

johloo

Renowned Member
Patron
14/3/17
Not too bad... Might just be the angle of the pic but your dial looks slightly slanted up to the left side, could be the dial misaligned. Is it only this one date that looks off or all 31 are like this?

jrwatch

Looking Around
6/9/19
The dial is pretty perfect - flat and aligned, it's the angle of the shot I have taken - I was trying to show that the "2" of "24" is more to the left than it should be.
All the dates are showing up misaligned (too far left) and is more obvious when it is a single digit.

The old date wheel in SH3135 was pretty much centered...

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
You have to know that its a common flaw on the VS3135 that the Date is a little bit low. What u could do: cut off the dial feet and adjust the dial slightly.

jrwatch

Looking Around
6/9/19
The date is horizontally uncentered (eg. Left to right) not landscape (eg. Top to bottom)

I’ll live with it being as is, I’m not keen on trimming or altering it cosmetically.

Simply wanted to find out if anyone had the same problem and found a solution with a different date wheel.

Thanks for your reply though.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
The date is horizontally uncentered (eg. Left to right) not landscape (eg. Top to bottom)

I’ll live with it being as is, I’m not keen on trimming or altering it cosmetically.

Simply wanted to find out if anyone had the same problem and found a solution with a different date wheel.

Thanks for your reply though.

Either other DW, but maybe just cut off feet of dial and align it more left;)
Its almost nothing, wear with fun:)

Sundek

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/3/18
Italy
I am having the same problem I replaced the sh with vs but the date is shifted to the left did you find a solution? I'll try to change the data disc, maybe the one vs is printed wrong

Jack Jumpin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/8/10
Is a VS the same as a VR ? , I just swapped over from a SH in a JF 16610 and seemed to work perfectly, but the dial and hands were already on the movement ?

Sundek

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/3/18
Italy
I sent my arf with sh movement to my watchmaker along with a vs movement for replacement however, the data disc is shifted to the left like the user only thing i could do quickly is send a data vr disc i had i hope this could be the only solution

Sundek

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/3/18
Italy
if it still helps i solved the problem by installing a data vr disk that a friend gave me probably the data vs disc was printed wrong