• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JJF Hublot Classic Fusion doesn't autowind

processengr

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/15
My newish JJF Hublot Classic Fusion doesn't autowind...hand wind is fine, about 32 hrs. The rotor does not spin when winding. Anyone elese have this issue with theirs? This is a 42mm with the skeletonized rotor...

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
hold on first, on what basis are you saying that the watch does no auto wind ? What makes you think so?

processengr

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/15
hold on first, on what basis are you saying that the watch does no auto wind ? What makes you think so?

Watch will not start when I rotate it to wind rotor.
All of my automatics do. Only if I hand wind watch will it start.
If I wind it to get it started, wearing it will not increase or sustain the power reserve. The rotor is hollowed out.. I had trouble with an ARF Daytona with the light weight rotor, but that one would start, just have poor power reserve when wearing. I wonder if the light weight rotor has something to do with it...

processengr

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/15
So you think that the watch should start without manually winding it. Just rotating the rotor ?

Hi, yes...I have an embarrassing number of automatic watches...every single one except this one will start up and run with a few "swirls" in fact, I never wind my automatics (except this one) Once I wind this one for a while, it will run for up to 32 hrs on its own. However, I continued to wear this one after wound, and it stopped after 33 hrs. My dailey activities usuall y include a 2.4 mi jog, as well as other activities.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I'm not sure where you got that impression. Even with gen watches I manually wind them to achieve the maximum PR. The rotor is meant to keep your watch going while you wear it. If you let the PR run out, simply spinning the rotor is not the way to power it up.

Reactions: Nono92

Giannos7

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/11/20
I had the same issue with an IWC big pilot. The issue on mine was that the rotor was unscrewed. After screwing it properly winding when wearing it worked as expected.