• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why it is better to stick to TDs - my case with Josh from Perfect Clones

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I think the real takeaway from this story is: NEVER TRUST THE BANKS.

It’s really good to hear that it finally got sorted JB.

I read the story with a growing sense of my takeaway statement, because I didn’t really see why Josh (who as has been mentioned is still a TD on RWG) would decide out of the blue that he’d steal money from a customer.

So I’m relieved for you that trip chipped in to recount his experience of banks and their insistence that they’re infallible, when they’re anything but.

For me, that’s a bigger takeaway than the advice (still perfectly valid and sensible of course) to always use a TD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
p0pperini Let me put it like this: A really reliable dealer would have given this investigation order to his bank on his own initiative. Then everything would have been clear in a few days. In the case of a TD, the mods - as Trip has now thankfully done with his tip anyway - would have moderated between the parties. This way with a Non-TD, you are on your own and if the dealer, like Josh, prefers to sit it out, the money is gone. I don't think he would have "recovered" the money if I hadn't put pressure on him.
Of course, that doesn't change anything about your bank scolding. I share that anyway ;-)

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
JB, everything you said is valid of course. But I don’t think Josh is unique in having reacted this way. It’s become clear to me over the few years I’ve been in this hobby that TDs aren’t infallible, nor are they 100% focused on customer service - although some are far better than others. But at times they’ll all make mistakes. And that’s where being TDs, and us having the mods to step in if necessary is invaluable.

rolex4me

often nice, sometimes evil😜
Supporter
10/4/16
p0pperini Let me put it like this: A really reliable dealer would have given this investigation order to his bank on his own initiative. Then everything would have been clear in a few days. In the case of a TD, the mods - as Trip has now thankfully done with his tip anyway - would have moderated between the parties. This way with a Non-TD, you are on your own and if the dealer, like Josh, prefers to sit it out, the money is gone. I don't think he would have "recovered" the money if I hadn't put pressure on him.
Of course, that doesn't change anything about your bank scolding. I share that anyway ;-)

Hello jb, I think that your assumption is absolutely correct. Without pressure from above you would not see your money or watches again. I hope everything turns out well for you. greeting RS. (who still believes in the good in people)

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
JB, everything you said is valid of course. But I don’t think Josh is unique in having reacted this way. It’s become clear to me over the few years I’ve been in this hobby that TDs aren’t infallible, nor are they 100% focused on customer service - although some are far better than others. But at times they’ll all make mistakes. And that’s where being TDs, and us having the mods to step in if necessary is invaluable.

Your are right. I am a little spoiled by the contact with Li, who is imo one of the few examples for a TD with a good customer orientation.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Your are right. I am a little spoiled by the contact with Li, who is imo one of the few examples for a TD with a good customer orientation.
Roger that - Li and M are top guys and my go-to's for stock from China. And here in the UK I've recently been serviced by Sead who's also been excellent.

kramerica72

Supporter
Certified
29/11/21
New England
Following this thread as I too recently ordered an HF Pam from Joshua. I was allowed to use a CC through Ali, so I'll likely be covered in the event something goes sideways... glad to hear yours got sorted.

My only flag was being sent a timegrapher QC pic showing 21600 on the screen , but the watch is supposed to be 28800... Called him out and was assured it was just an error by the QC guy and my watch was hi-beat and already on the way. Explanation didnt make sense as the timegrapher should have shown about 6 hours off in that case, but we'll see. Fingers crossed.

Sent from outer space using Tapatalk

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Just one more question: which models did you manage to order/grab? ;)
Glad to hear, that things were sorted out respectfully at the end, however, it's an issue to be remembered for future considerations.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Just one more question: which models did you manage to order/grab? ;)
Glad to hear, that things were sorted out respectfully at the end, however, it's an issue to be remembered for future considerations.

;-)

The 240 ... this one is missing in my collection. Btw: The afaik also available 229 is a hidden gem, one of my favourites. But you know: ON YOU OWN RISK! ;-)

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
My take away…. I always go with Li! Hahaha

He is remarkable in that, at least for me… even if he doesn’t have stock.. he will actually do his best to source it from somewhere else for you because he wants the sale!

Stick to TD’s for sure.. we all have our favs… mine, like you it sounds, is always Li

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JayBee0815

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
That is a stressfull story ending up good, glad it went that way Jaybee (unless you end up with bottles of shampoo in your package instead of those Hfacs lol).

I used many time PC too, last time for Hfac Pams too as you know and I remember going through smooth transactions. Even though non TD I also hardly see PC scamming on customers, that would be a pity.

I had a weird bank bug a few months ago ordering from Steve (TheOnewatches) using Wise : money got sent on my side but appeared on his account almost 10 days later, with a "bank void" in between. It's a fact sadly that banks don't always offer straight nor perfect services, and I guess it may happen using third part money transfert applications too.

So as you say, then it's the attention to client, transparency and reactivity of the seller in such a situation that makes a dealer a TD. Even though busy or dealing with many clients, Josh should have investigate your problem right away, disappointing he did not.

Keep us aware of what's in this package ;)

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: JayBee0815