• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replica Movement Tier List Nov. 2021

acidrain33

Known Member
16/7/20
This is a re-post that I originally posted in Reddit r/RepTime. Thought it would be fun to share here as well.

Also made a few revisions based on comments over there. https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/qkagxp/replica_movement_tier_list_nov_2021/

Disclaimer: I saw the original picture of it in Chinese spreading pretty fast. Thought I should translate it as a light hearted follow up to my last post regard factories' startups and backgrounds. Again, this is other people's creation at first in Chinese. All I did was translate and memeify it a little bit. Read it with a grain of salt. Have a nice one, folks.

j9d5Di.png

watchchris

7/7/06
Conus
Thanks for the really long list of movements. I have to remember some of my early reps where the seconds hand moved very jerky.
Now I will miss the chance to get another rep with the chrono movement in my NOOB V4 Daytona

Reactions: acidrain33

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
Very nice consolidated list of chinese movements. I always thought that omega's 8500/8800/8900 are 1:1, turns out I was wrong.

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
It’s very interesting to me that the 7750 is literally the worst on the list and yet.. I believe my VRF Daytona has this movement and it’s THE MOST accurate I have at the moment… beating out my VSF Sub, Clean GMT II and GMF speedy.

I believe the speedy also has the 7750 and while it’s not superb… it does keep decent enough time.

Actually… the most frustrating movement I have is my VSF Sub’s 3235!! Even in the autowinder it always stops while my Daytona 7750 can go weeks on it.. come back and bam!! It’s on time.

Either I have an anomaly of a watch or someone was super nice and slipped me a NOOB instead of VRF. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hiwhatsup

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/21
USA
It’s very interesting to me that the 7750 is literally the worst on the list and yet.. I believe my VRF Daytona has this movement and it’s THE MOST accurate I have at the moment… beating out my VSF Sub, Clean GMT II and GMF speedy.

I believe the speedy also has the 7750 and while it’s not superb… it does keep decent enough time.

Actually… the most frustrating movement I have is my VSF Sub’s 3235!! Even in the autowinder it always stops while my Daytona 7750 can go weeks on it.. come back and bam!! It’s on time.

Either I have an anomaly of a watch or someone was super nice and slipped me a NOOB instead of VRF. Haha

Do you use the chronograph at all? Also do you have the newer thinner 7750 movement? Or the older and thicker 7750?

From what I hear the thinner 7750 movement reduces on thickness on the daytonas VRF and EWF from 15mm to 13mm.

I have an open order for a VRF Daytona. I wondering if it’s safe to use the chronograph. I regularly use the chronograph on my Seagull 1963 to make coffee in the mornings. It would be nice if I could use this as well once I receive it.

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
Do you use the chronograph at all? Also do you have the newer thinner 7750 movement? Or the older and thicker 7750?

From what I hear the thinner 7750 movement reduces on thickness on the daytonas VRF and EWF from 15mm to 13mm.

I have an open order for a VRF Daytona. I wondering if it’s safe to use the chronograph. I regularly use the chronograph on my Seagull 1963 to make coffee in the mornings. It would be nice if I could use this as well once I receive it.

I can’t say I use the chrono much at all really. I’ve used it a couple times and it works fine but I know from reading that using a 7750 chrono too much does impair the lifecycle of this movement… at least that’s what I’ve seen reported.
That said though, I LOVE my VRF Daytona and so far it’s been my favorite substitute of the NOOB.

acidrain33

Known Member
16/7/20

There are so many factors could determine a rep's final outcome. Factories, actual factories that made the parts, and movements (or different replication from different mvmt factory). 7750 just the least replicated one out of the bunch that's all. Since we put them in comparison, there are so many more superior movement with better performance and reliable consistency. Therefore made it ranked lower. 7750 as long as you don't put tons of modules on it, or modify too much. Should generally work, then again, there're so many other factors to evaluate.

Tribefan

15/11/19
There are so many factors could determine a rep's final outcome. Factories, actual factories that made the parts, and movements (or different replication from different mvmt factory). 7750 just the least replicated one out of the bunch that's all. Since we put them in comparison, there are so many more superior movement with better performance and reliable consistency. Therefore made it ranked lower. 7750 as long as you don't put tons of modules on it, or modify too much. Should generally work, then again, there're so many other factors to evaluate.

Would you object to me reposting this on rwg.bz?
Thanks

acidrain33

Known Member
16/7/20
The 3186 has been discontinued?! When did that happen? Or was this one of the movements which was a victim of the dandong raid?

Afraid so, so they moved Shanghai based. But all the discontinued ones have NOS available now. Only price is not so pretty lol.