• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OLLLLDDD reps... Any interest?

Allthenamesweretaken

31/7/21
Hey all. I have two old reps, like almost 20 years old. I was planning on throwing them up for basically the cost of shipping as I was curious if the watch repair folks would be interested in them. Maybe out of curiosity. Or I was just going to add them for free when I sold off one of my watches, again of someone was more interested in taking them apart or seeing how far stuff has come.

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
Pics?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Allthenamesweretaken

31/7/21
I'll dig them up and post some pics. I have a Rolex date just and an omega seamaster. Like I said both damn near 20 years old. Will get some pics tonight or tomorrow

GDTrep2001

Horology Curious
19/1/20
Would definitely be interested to see, I have always wondered what retro reps were like in terms of looks and function.

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
I’d be interested as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allthenamesweretaken

31/7/21
Ok here's the Rolex. I got it in Dubai back in 2002/2003. As soon as I picked it up it started ticking away, and the lume is still green lol it's small so probably a 36mm.

I think I wore it for 3/4 days in Dubai, got it wet, got all kinds of alcohol spilled on it, hooked up with a Spanish engineer chick from some regiment and don't think I ever wore it again. Shit this brought back some funny memories.

Allthenamesweretaken

31/7/21
And this Omega was bought in Bosnia. Maybe 2003/2004. I actually wore this a lot, still works. The lume works but the colour of the markers is probably off. No idea on movements or anything on either of these.

Reactions: XpanzerX

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
If you really managed to hook up wearing this lemon, then y'all franken addicts need to give up :lmao:

Cool Dubai story mate! Let us know if you need any more fantasy models.. I'll pop by deira and send you some trrriple As :p

Reactions: XpanzerX

Allthenamesweretaken

31/7/21
Lol that watch didn't get me laid in Dubai I just happen to buy it and was wearing it around for a few days and in a salt water pool. Got it wet spilled drinks on it. The "gold" and "diamonds" looked proper when it was new vs the beaten and faded look it has now but all things considered it still works close to 20 years later. Kinda why if a watch enthusiast wanted to pick it apart id let it go.

I don't think either is worth anything other than for the fascination of pulling it apart.